What are we doing with ourselves if were mandated to stay at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
My thread wasn't about "rumors and speculation about a virus".
It was simply about what you are not doing anymore (and as a result how are you passing the time).

I went back and found your thread, I see your point.

Today I set up a new TV antenna-- amplified and rotating. It's so awesome it picks up a little translator of the ABC affiliate so I get duplicates now.

Fixed the license lights on my truck-- LEDs, just the right amount of light and in the right pattern.

Oil change on the 2006 prius, RP 10w30.

New clothesline. Old one held on by a thread. Perhaps a metaphor.

[Linked Image]

I work for a pipeline and somehow have been busier during this. One of the terminal operators is in quarantine because they went to Mexico the week before so I have been helping the remaining one at that terminal fix all the stuff that keeps breaking. Once I get home I help the wife regain her sanity from being with all 5 kids all day. 2 to 9 years old.

Last edited:
working 7 days a week, 17 in a row so far.

If only I got hazard pay.. people are not doing the 6ft space very well.. aggravating.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Besides checking out BITOG more frequently -- what are we doing? I was laid off from my Welding job 3/20/20 due to lack of work from the Corona Virus. Now that I have been home and my county which I reside is on Mandatory stay at home. I have pressure washed the siding on my house, washed and waxed the GF Jetta, made some good killer home made meals and mowed/weed wacked the grass at the property twice. Also, sewed acouple patches on my work jeans -- yeah -- real bored at the moment.

Dale

Wax the house.
banana2.gif

I'm in the food business so deemed essential and going to work as usual. Business is strong and some of our competitors are going bankrupt, so lot's of opportunities for us. Beginning 4/1 I was supposed to begin a traveling gig with the same company but nobody's traveling, so I'm working on projects here in town until this thing clears.

I don't think I'll get sent home. I work IT for the biggest trucking company, which is an essential business. About 95% of the office employees are working from home but I need to be there to ship out PCs. I might be able to work 1/2 time from home.

So I've actually been even busier at work.

Just trying to help out where I can.
Did a pad slap today on a friend's car.
Used to be my family's car, so I enjoy pulling a few wrenches on it.

Remember, you are not stuck at home; you are safe at home.
In CA we are trying to help each other.

My wife works for the local school system
So we've been involved with helping feed kids who don't have three squares a day

I'm retired so not much has changed other than I stay home more. Fiancée is in the medical field so it's work as usual for her.

I live in a retired neighborhood. I'm 74 and I'm one of the young ones, imagine that,,,yes the oldest is 94 and he gets out and walks or did. Now he stays inside. Walking to the neighborhood mailboxes is a treat for most.....my wife and I still ride bikes,we are the only ones that ride bikes...I think many are embarrassed to ride a bike, or maybe if they fall is not a good thing--- I just bet somewhere in America there are old folks still riding
coffee2.gif

Originally Posted by oldhp
Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Besides checking out BITOG more frequently -- what are we doing? I was laid off from my Welding job 3/20/20 due to lack of work from the Corona Virus. Now that I have been home and my county which I reside is on Mandatory stay at home. I have pressure washed the siding on my house, washed and waxed the GF Jetta, made some good killer home made meals and mowed/weed wacked the grass at the property twice. Also, sewed acouple patches on my work jeans -- yeah -- real bored at the moment.

Dale

Wax the house.
banana2.gif

Lol, little hard to do when my house is a brick rancher. Like I said, did pressure wash what siding is on the house and garage. Just got a notice from my Company last night that they got an exemption from the Governor -- so -- waiting on that phone call to return to work.

I can work from home which is nice. I still have to go in a few times a week, I am careful because I a have pretty good case asthma.
Wife is still working. We both work for the Navy.

I am 45 and still have an 11 year old and 14 year old at home. So I help them with the their school work. Wife made a schedule for them...
We don't follow it as long as school work and chores are done I let them Lord of the Flies it around here.
smile.gif
laugh.gif

The past few weekends have been productive. I had wood to make 2 x 4 and plywood selves for the barn and garage. Got that done and both
are cleaned and organized. Changed all the fluids in and cleaned the Riding lawn mowers.

Changed the rear end fluid in the Caprice.

Having been on submarines I prepped my whole life for this.
wink.gif
LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spasm3
Chainsaw work and some long neglected splitting to do.

Is that for home heating or camping?
smile.gif

Camping and for patio fires. I know, not supposed to move firewood, but a lot of our camping is close by.

Nice! I have like 4 cords all stacked and covered for camping. They have not said anything here about moving firewood. Is that an agricultural thing so you don't spread bugs/disease?

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Camping and for patio fires. I know, not supposed to move firewood, but a lot of our camping is close by.

Nice! I have like 4 cords all stacked and covered for camping. They have not said anything here about moving firewood. Is that an agricultural thing so you don't spread bugs/disease?

Yes, things like pine bark Beatle I guess. Our NC parks all say not to bring or move firewood for pest reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back