BP Gas with Invigorate

Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
i used BP gas it sucks Also known as ACRO they boost claim to be a premium top tier gas

I'd stay away from
Arco/BP
Shell
and mom and pop gas stations

I only recommend Chevron and texaco
Mobil and Exxon is my second choice.

I'm a real swing voter on those two brands but normally pick the chevron station .. but mobil and chevron are neck and neck on the MPG

I noticed budget stations are pumping 89 at the premium pump i.e 91/93 price

at lest i got burned at the two shells and the two Acro stations ...

i have variable valve timing(VVT-LIVC) SO i can take advantage of the 91 octane
This can be see as retarded ignition timing ( I get upwards of 42 degrees advanced timing with REAL 91 octane) shortly after pumping 6-9 gallons of fuel form these Shell and Acro stations the ignition timing dropped to lower levels... which means my performance and MPG are going to suffer

but I got less MPG after using it my MPG highway dropped from 25 to 19.5 using Acro gas So unless it gets to 3.099 a gallon it's not worth using currently at 3.29 a gallon and the chevron is 3.779 for 91 octane

Dude, there's so much "full of sh#$" in this post I don't even know where to begin...in fact, I'm not. I'll let you do you..*sighs*

I'm just thankful that we have at least one real expert on this board who knows the truth about quality fuel; someone should contact Audi, BMW, GM, FCA, Ford, Honda, Mercedes-Benz, Toyota, and VW- they need to know that they are being snookered by all the "hype."

Originally Posted by Onetor
British Petroleum! Remember the gulf!

Its still there unlike what they told us would happen. Funny how nature is resilient.

Originally Posted by MCompact
I run Top Tier fuel 100% of the time in everything but the Jeep. I usually use BP because three stations are within a mile of my house. That said, I also won't hesitate to use Marathon, Shell or Sunoco. I can't tell a difference in vehicle performance with any of those brands.

Sunoco isn't Top Tier. Ironic that they supply NASCAR but aren't TT.

Originally Posted by loneryder
Originally Posted by MCompact
I run Top Tier fuel 100% of the time in everything but the Jeep. I usually use BP because three stations are within a mile of my house. That said, I also won't hesitate to use Marathon, Shell or Sunoco. I can't tell a difference in vehicle performance with any of those brands.

Sunoco isn't Top Tier. Ironic that they supply NASCAR but aren't TT.

According to the "Top Tier" site in this post Sunoco is Top Tier fuel.

Whimsey

It's 'bout time.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tahoe_hybrid
i used BP gas it sucks Also known as ACRO they boost claim to be a premium top tier gas

I'd stay away from
Arco/BP
Shell
and mom and pop gas stations

I only recommend Chevron and texaco
Mobil and Exxon is my second choice.

I'm a real swing voter on those two brands but normally pick the chevron station .. but mobil and chevron are neck and neck on the MPG

I noticed budget stations are pumping 89 at the premium pump i.e 91/93 price

at lest i got burned at the two shells and the two Acro stations ...

i have variable valve timing(VVT-LIVC) SO i can take advantage of the 91 octane
This can be see as retarded ignition timing ( I get upwards of 42 degrees advanced timing with REAL 91 octane) shortly after pumping 6-9 gallons of fuel form these Shell and Acro stations the ignition timing dropped to lower levels... which means my performance and MPG are going to suffer

but I got less MPG after using it my MPG highway dropped from 25 to 19.5 using Acro gas So unless it gets to 3.099 a gallon it's not worth using currently at 3.29 a gallon and the chevron is 3.779 for 91 octane

I don't know how you can believe gas stations are selling mid grade gasoline and somehow a GM V8 gets better than 20% fuel economy on premium fuel vs regular.

Originally Posted by tmorris1

Its still there unlike what they told us would happen. Funny how nature is resilient.

Well oil is a hydrocarbon and millions of gallons of it are leaked into through Earth's crust every year into th Gulf of Mexico and this is only what we have discovered.

Originally Posted by tmorris1

Not to mention a good chunk of the Midwest gets their gasoline from BP.

I use BP fuel because it's the only convenient Top Tier station near my home.

Don't expect to drop Top Tier gas into your car and have instant results. It takes time depending how dirty you fuel system, injectors, piston, rings, etc. are. Some of my vehicles took 3 tank fulls and other took at least 5. But it does work. Smoother idle and better MPG.

My apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but does anyone know if BP's Invigorate gasoline additive contains a friction modifier? They don't advertise any type of wear/friction benefit similar to Shell VPower.

I'm not sure who uses FM additive in their gas. I read an old study that adding FM to gas decreased piston ring wear and increased MPG. I don't know how it effcts emmisions but the benefits were impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't added to all gas sold. You should contact the makers by email and report back.

Our Subaru hates BP fuel; it frequently has stumbling starts with their fuel and it gets noticeably worse mileage. The car starts and runs great on Shell, Texaco, Chevron, Exxon, Citgo, Mobil, Valero, and Costco fuel. The only fuel that the car ever has problems with is BP.

IIRC BP and a few other companies refused to pay testing and licensing fees to become accredited as top tier but actually met the requirements.
I worked at a Gulf station that changed to BP and I ran their product for years with no issues.

Well, BP is a top tier gas registered fuel. I've used it a handful of times on road trips with no complaints. BP isn't available in my area.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx
I'm not sure who uses FM additive in their gas. I read an old study that adding FM to gas decreased piston ring wear and increased MPG. I don't know how it effcts emmisions but the benefits were impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't added to all gas sold. You should contact the makers by email and report back.

I contacted BP directly and all they did was refer me to the fuels page of their website. I also contacted BASF directly, since they make Invigorate, and they told me to contact BP because it's a proprietary formulation. So yeah...no one is willing to spill the beans about anything. I'm gonna go ahead and assume BP is in line with Shell/Exxon and has a friction modifier within Invigorate.

Last edited:
Back