I have a Challenger

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by 02SE
Buick also made a 340.

And long before Chrysler! Cadillac had a 390, AMC had a 327, Studebaker had a 289 and so on. Congrats Jarly!
cool.gif

Black, unfortunately. Really the only thing I do not like about it.

I need to remember to start in first gear, use the clutch to shift, and give it gas when starting from a dead stop...none of which I do when driving my truck at work.

Also waiting on my front plate mount (car came from South Carolina, never had one). I ordered it a while ago, but it has been delayed for reasons everyone here can figure out.

Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Black, unfortunately. Really the only thing I do not like about it.

I need to remember to start in first gear, use the clutch to shift, and give it gas when starting from a dead stop...none of which I do when driving my truck at work.

Also waiting on my front plate mount (car came from South Carolina, never had one). I ordered it a while ago, but it has been delayed for reasons everyone here can figure out.

It's not a diesel, lol! You ever driven a 4-cylinder truck like a 90's Ford Ranger? Now THAT is some dancing to keep 'er smooth.

No, not really. The contrary...my uncle's Ranger is quite easy to drive. If anything, the tall-geared Challenger is easier to stall. (Ranger has 4.11s.)

No, not really. The contrary...my uncle's Ranger is quite easy to drive. If anything, the tall-geared Challenger is easier to stall. (Ranger has 4.11s.)

Wow. Really? Makes me want to try to drive one, as I recall 4 cylinder rangers being super touchy due to no torque and light clutch. My v8 sports cars have all been fairly easy to drive/launch.

The Ranger has a heavy flywheel, deep gears, and short tires. It's quite easy to drive. (Though harder than his F-250, of course.)

save your front bumper, get a stow and go the front tag, wont have to drill

I didn't like the gearing in my Challenger 6 speed and wish I would have got an automatic. Too tall first gear and too close ratios between gears. The way I feel now I'll never own another manual car.

Originally Posted by VNTS
save your front bumper, get a stow and go the front tag, wont have to drill

WHAT?!

Originally Posted by Silverado12
I didn't like the gearing in my Challenger 6 speed and wish I would have got an automatic. Too tall first gear and too close ratios between gears. The way I feel now I'll never own another manual car.

I like the close ratio transmission. If I wanted an automatic, I would have gotten a Charger.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Take a photo of the car and picture of the mileage also -- or -- NEVER HAPPENED!!!!

You need to hold your breath until you see a photo now.

The Ranger has a heavy flywheel, deep gears, and short tires. It's quite easy to drive. (Though harder than his F-250, of course.)

Must be a very different setup than the ones I drove when I was at ford. You'd have sworn they had a flexplate and not a flywheel it was so easy to stall!

Automatics are faster, but I still like rowing my own in a sports/muscle car. Even if the slushbox is faster.

You posted a photo of it and very sweet car. Kind of like Kowalski's car but in blue.

Back