Crude Pricing Dynamics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y_K

Several crude grades in North American are already trading inside the single digit territory as the market tries to force some output to shut-in. Canadian Western Select, the benchmark price for the giant oil-sands industry in Canada, fell to $5.06 a barrel on Friday. Southern Green Canyon in the Gulf of Mexico is worth $11.51 a barrel, Oklahoma Sour is changing hands at $5.75, Nebraska Intermediate at $8, while Wyoming Sweet prices at $3 a barrel

I wonder what summer blend switch is gonna do ?? Stories have heard tanks full of the winter mix since demand is very low ???

Crazy story, i just filled up $1.39 a gallon (East Dallas Suburb) and talked with station owner "Why so cheap" ?? he told me he JUST sold the Gas station to a new owner since gas is way to low and he cant make enough $$$ to stay in business
21.gif

Dave

Last edited:
Pic taken 3/25 in Elkhorn ,WI just north of Lake Geneva.

99 cents per gallon

I maybe remember seeing diesel for that price in 1991? ...

IMAG36771.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by blufeb95
But geez, still $.60 more per gallon for high test.

Normal for shale derivatives

Originally Posted by Rolla07
Got gas at .80 a liter here...last time i saw that price was ughhh...2003?

We are into the $0.60's now
crazy2.gif

this is a double whammy. the virus has caused demand to drop like a rock as no one is going anywhere. combine this with the oil war , its gonna get ugly. But in my part of Wa its still over $2 even at Costco.

I'd think that the retailers make a high profit with this as they often slowly drop the pump prices at the same time they buy product cheaply. The reverse is where they can lose $.

Speaking of dynamics, WTI oil on Jan 6, 2020 was over $63. It will be 3 months on April 6 since the collapse. Oil closed on Friday at $21.51. Gasoline consumption in the US dropped by over 850,000 bbls per day last week. Average gasoline consumption in the US in 2019 was 9.28 million bbls per day.
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tcp71
Lowest it's been since the 80s.

[Linked Image]

I dunno about that.
I recall when I started driving, complaining about gas being 56.9 in Regina, Sask.
That was in the mid-late 90's.
I'd assume it would have been cheaper in Alberta, considering they generally have the lowest prices.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Rolla07
Got gas at .80 a liter here...last time i saw that price was ughhh...2003?

We are into the $0.60's now
crazy2.gif

I was just going to say, ya its around .65 cents per liter average around here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back