Beans!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening Bitogers. Pops or my real father and I were talking this afternoon. He wondered which beans were "healthier" for us. I thought most jeans were healthy. I do like garbanzo/chickpeas and kidney and large lima's myself

Originally Posted by Eddie
I've read that Lintels are the healthiest. Personally I like black beans. Ed

Thank You sir for the info. I'm reading up on them now

smile.gif

Lentils are great - there are so many different kinds - your local Indian grocery store is a great source. So are chickpeas.

Many can be eaten in limit without added sugar in a overall healthy diet. Focus on greens healthy carbs and lean meats and fish first . Importantly know what your overall calorie daily intake should be I'd bet most of the public has no clue. If you eat beans and nut they add up extremely fast.

Love lentil soup. My favorite beans are navy beans with hot sauce.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Lentils are great - there are so many different kinds - your local Indian grocery store is a great source. So are chickpeas.

There is a place like that (Indian grocery place)

Thank You quattro, I'll look into this
smile.gif

Dried beans have suddenly become scarce in supermarkets, at least hereabouts. Taters, too.

I cook pintos (with small percentage of black beans), and eat one cup per day with chili powder.

Great post... being a Plant Based eater myself we eat mostly black beans and pintos, potatoes and drink almond milk and water. gone are the days of red meats and dairy products. 3 years ago if someone had said you will be eating this new way I would have said your crazy....did I ever have to eat my old words,lol.. life moves on here.. Momma always said eat your veggies son...

Most seed and beans are designed to go through you intestines without digesting so they can sprout when "dropped"
This causes distress.

Wife said to eat "malted" or Sprouted beans.

The is some special soak you can do too.

I wouldn't use enzyme supplements.

I eat too much Hummus which is made of mashed Garbonzo beans ( chick peas) with Garlic and sea salt and a little bit of Toasted sesame paste.

Hummus is one of the first Foods we Humans made. Never tried this "weird stuff" until years ago when I was setting up a second shift production line and went out to dinner after work to a Lebanese Restaurant in Downtown Lawrence, MA.

I was dared to eat some of that mush , So I dipped in a triangle of pita and I never looked Back !

Back to bean, I like Pinto and Kidney. now I want a a couple of beef and bean Burrito!

I have a hard time digesting Lentil.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back