Blood shortages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Rainy Afternoon BITOGERS. I as most members know am a platelet donor, and feeling great lately. Please consider donating blood if you are able.

No, I'm no doctor either just mentioning it. Never know when you may encounter a need for it. It could be your life. When my mom had the operation two years aho; she received like 1-2 pints of blood.

Thank You and happy Saturday

I think he is referring to the CoronaVirus possibly being present in blood donations,something I had not considered
21.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Sorry I posted a simple topic.

You shouldn't have to apologize for asking people to give blood.

I've never done it. At 21, I never really think about it.

I got the Big Drop award when I was younger for donating over a gallon I think it was more like 2 gallons.Since then I developed fatty liver syndrome about 20 years ago and they will no longer accept my blood even though liver enzymes have been normal at all but 2 of my 6 month checkups since then.

It is a good thing to do and may have health benefits for the donater as your body has to produce a quantity of fresh blood to replace the donated.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Sorry I posted a simple topic.

You shouldn't have to apologize for asking people to give blood.

I've never done it. At 21, I never really think about it.

Yeah, I have "dont give a hoot" attitude on here anymore. All I said was if you can donate, consider doing so. Obviously some folks took it way, way too far

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
My next appointment to donate is later this week. I don't intend to cancel.

thumbsup2.gif

I've never thought about it, and to be quite honest, I should be ashamed of that fact as I was the recipient of someone else's blood before. I think it's time that I do the right thing and donate some blood myself.

I've donated many gallons in my life, but I haven't lately just because it didn't fit in with my schedule. I plan to again when they are in the area. They are advertising on the radio that there is an extreme shortage of blood.
True story: Years ago, I donated plasma because my blood was CMV negative. (Was told it was for premature babies, infants and burn patients) Just recently, I told a veteran nurse that I was CMV negative and she had no clue what I was talking about.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by HemiBenny
I've never thought about it, and to be quite honest, I should be ashamed of that fact as I was the recipient of someone else's blood before. I think it's time that I do the right thing and donate some blood myself.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Kruse
I've donated many gallons in my life, but I haven't lately just because it didn't fit in with my schedule. I plan to again when they are in the area. They are advertising on the radio that there is an extreme shortage of blood.
True story: Years ago, I donated plasma because my blood was CMV negative. (Was told it was for premature babies, infants and burn patients) Just recently, I told a veteran nurse that I was CMV negative and she had no clue what I was talking about.

Thank You for donating sir
smile.gif

Nothing wrong with reminding folks to donate blood. Shutting down at OP request.

Quick note, we don't have time to edit multiple posts, so removing a post removes all posts where someone quoted the removed post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back