What are we doing with ourselves if were mandated to stay at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides checking out BITOG more frequently -- what are we doing? I was laid off from my Welding job 3/20/20 due to lack of work from the Corona Virus. Now that I have been home and my county which I reside is on Mandatory stay at home. I have pressure washed the siding on my house, washed and waxed the GF Jetta, made some good killer home made meals and mowed/weed wacked the grass at the property twice. Also, sewed acouple patches on my work jeans -- yeah -- real bored at the moment.

Dale

Try baking bread and rolls for the family. Very satisfying. If you do not have bread tins, a cookie sheet for rolls also called buns. Usually all ingredients are in your kitchen now. May need more flour.
Enjoy...

I am still working. Still off on weekends, and rained all night and morning here. Made some homemade pizza's and donated them to neighbors, went to park for a run. Up next, I'll make some chili without beans and some cornbread
smile.gif

10.gif
34.gif
08.gif

basically staying indoors a lot , have gone for a ride a few times..been on the computer way to much, watching tv … and staying away from the news ,just trying to stay as busy as I can inside..both cars don't need anything done other than a good cleaning but that will probably wait for awhile yet

Working out staying on track and I know I will lifting at home riding preparing for the ridding season though out of regular gym still working same schedule we fall under essential business.

I'm working from home. Been very busy with that. Today is paint and sip day with the wife. We will be watching a youtube video that will teach us how to paint while we drink some champagne.

In before the lockdown. My wife and are are working from home. I got my riding mower from my mom's storage building and mowed the lawn and fertilized it. I am going to get my boat out of storage in a week or two and will detail that out. I have a large fishing equipment room and gun room that needs a good arranging. I seriously need to organize my oil hoard and car products. Going to get the Corvette out of another storage area in a couple weeks. I have tons of work to do and I like to smoke meats on my Traeger and drink some beer and wine.

I voluntarily closed my shop about 10 days ago at the recommendations of our county. While I still have my receptionist on the phones, its been absolutely dead. Ive stripped sanded and repainted my Bilco doors in between the rain, did loads of yard work and pruning, and taking longer, slower walks. Also enjoying a cigar everyday now too, to take in the scenery.

Yesterday I waxed my Maxima in the garage, it was colder that I thought and getting the wax residue off was not easy. Meguier's Cleaner Wax.

Then in the afternoon it warmed up and I collected branches and leaves off the front lawn.

Read my kindle on the front porch. James Grippando, Cash Landing

Shared jokes with my siblings via text messages.

Walked the dog with my wife.

Considered taking off my snow tires, decided to wait another 2 weeks.

Last edited:
I've worked from home for 18 years, so still doing the same. The change is that we stay home, except for the essentials, which we only need to get every three or four days. We won't be a 'spreader', as this a very serious situation.

Thank you for keeping this thread about what you are doing with your time at home, while NOT giving medical advice.

As a retired person, not much has changed in my daily habits. It does keep the wife out of the stores.

I'm sort of retired but I still am doing welding jobs for folks in my shop. I also weld for a small machine shop when I am needed. For the most part nothing much has changed in my life, but I am more careful in stores to try and avoid people.

Since I have Asthma and have a temp layoff from both my jobs, it's been working on the inside/outside of the house for me. Hopefully it gets a bit warmer so that I can finish staining our deck, and paint a bedroom.

When it warms up -cars will get a good wash and wax.......

I can keep busy for a long time.

Wash, clay and wax vehicles. Got 5 to take care of.
Do a complete wash of the exterior of the house to include windows. House is brick easy to clean.
All vinyl outside stuff is getting treated with "Wet and Forget", that stuff works like a charm at keeping the algae off. No need to pressure wash. Even the driveway which was black is now concrete white.
Get the pool, it is a 16'x32' inground vinyl lined with diatomaceous earth filter, cleaned and filter cleaned out and salt level back to normal. We have had a ton of rain.
Clean out the garage and organize the shelves. Purge time.

Originally Posted by wwillson
I've worked from home for 18 years, so still doing the same. The change is that we stay home, except for the essentials, which we only need to get every three or four days. We won't be a 'spreader', as this a very serious situation.

Thank you for keeping this thread about what you are doing with your time at home, while NOT giving medical advice.

I typically have always had a hybrid situation where I'm at the office, hospital or medical building some of the time and work from home the rest. I've now transitioned to almost 100% work at home with only essential site visits and resupply shopping resulting in me leaving it. Kids are going a bit stir crazy at this point
lol.gif
We are playing World of Tanks a bit, and the gaming consoles are getting a pretty decent workout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back