Applications for a new job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all BITOGERS,

After my forced layoff or. "Resignation " with Frontier Airlines (what a joke) I'm seeing opportunities with resorts ( good or otherwise) some dealerships and government jobs. Anyone have any insight ? I recently applied for a Warranty manager for Ferrari of Scottsdale yet haven't heard back. I.was told take anything then go out and find something you're suited for. I'm sure with the hoopla it's taking longer than usual. All help appreciated. I'm a little irritated as the local job placement people are only working from home and have taken longer than usual with no response on nob inquiries. Stay safe all suggestions appreciated

What did you do for Frontier?

I'm an aircraft mech at a heavy maintenance/overhaul station (Embraer Nashville). We are shutting down for at least 2 weeks, and very likely longer.

Your experience sounds very useful. Is it a requirement to stay in the same city? Try dropping off resumes at the airport with any other maintenance companies, Take a solar installation night course at the local college, perhaps pick up a project management course.

Anything involving maintenance or maintenance scheduling would be good. Sometimes malls; high rises or hospitals are looking for well organized people to look after their operations.

This next while things will be in turmoil. Try apply for any of the recently announced government assistance available to get you through. Good luck!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dlundblad
If you don't mind my asking, will you not be getting your job back once this is over?

Does it matter?
If you have a job already you have a wonderful choice of employment.

Many who are loosing work are getting fired outright, not laid off.

The reason is that many industries do not expect demand to come back after This ends for a long time.

I expect a frustrating new normal after this finally blows over

Last edited:
Rmay635703: I believe you are correct.

I am blessed to still be working, but mechanics are always needed
smile.gif

Stay safe sir
smile.gif

Try all your local Hospitals. They run the gamut from maint to admin and everything in between. They are ramping up with new facilities and will not be closing. They usually have good benefits and mid market pay. Once your in the health care industry you will have a job for life if you want it.

Hospitals are a good choice (hopefully after the virus), also worse case places like Walmart or grocery stores could work for the short term while you find something that will suit you better.

I wish i still had my 97prizm. I stopped running years ago so my local city said its a "junk" vehicle. I donated it to the local automotive school. They didn't keep it long. Pull n pay recycled it 4 years ago. Two i was told that i could apply as I'm in good standing but not with the chaos of working there.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
Hi all BITOGERS,

After my forced layoff or. "Resignation " with Frontier Airlines (what a joke) I'm seeing opportunities with resorts ( good or otherwise) some dealerships and government jobs. Anyone have any insight ? I recently applied for a Warranty manager for Ferrari of Scottsdale yet haven't heard back. I.was told take anything then go out and find something you're suited for. I'm sure with the hoopla it's taking longer than usual. All help appreciated. I'm a little irritated as the local job placement people are only working from home and have taken longer than usual with no response on nob inquiries. Stay safe all suggestions appreciated

Do you have a LinkedIn account ?
Lots of folks network on there and recruiters look for possible candidates.

Good luck with job search, you'll find something you like.

USAjobs.gov has lots of jobs from entry level to Doctors / scientists.

Finding a job right now is gonna be tough. Business are closing down for now and people are working from home. Record amounts of people filing for unemployment which will saturate the market for looking for a job.

If you need some extra income, drive for the food delivery company's like DoorDash, UberEats, Postmates etc. or delivery groceries for Amazon. Can make $20+ an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back