Milwaukee 2767-20 Impact Wrench

That last deal was swinging. I bought the charger and another 5 amp/hr battery from Amazon for under $90, I absolutely love this impact!

Originally Posted by Donald
I would get the one that is labeled "high torque".

Note no charger.

Yes, this is the high torque one, 2767-20. I'm debating whether to get the charger for $32 on Amazon or the 5 amp hour battery plus charger for $86. Regular 5 amp hour battery is $62 on Amazon. Or wait for some other deal with the battery/charger and some other tool.

Buy once, cry once.

I've had this tool for about a year now. Wish I'd had it 10-20 years ago. Lug nuts are small potatoes. Control arm bolts or strut bolts no sweat. Loosened a crank bolt for a harmonic balancer replacement using torque level 2 (out of 4). I honestly can't think of ANYTHING (on an automobile) that wouldn't break loose with 1400 ft lbs of breakaway torque; if you've got clearance to get the wrench on it, it's coming off. I actually carry this thing around with me in my cars trunk now. It's flat out awesome. No compressor or cords needed. https://www.milwaukeetool.com/Products/Power-Tools/Fastening/Impact-Wrenches/2767-20

I'm going to try it on some water heater anode rods. I had to use an 18 inch breaker bar with a 3 foot pipe extension to break those free with 2 people. We'll see how 1400 foot pounds do.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
I'm going to try it on some water heater anode rods. I had to use an 18 inch breaker bar with a 3 foot pipe extension to break those free with 2 people. We'll see how 1400 foot pounds do.

Not sure what water heater you were working on, but that kind of force would normally break a home unit, or break it's mounting. Some penetrant first would be good.

It's not the brute force of "1400 ft/lbs" (sic) as much as it is the hammer action of quick impacts that will make it work for you.

I have a Milwaukee 2860 rated 450/600 ft/lbs which will take off any car fastener including crank bolts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165
Originally Posted by Wolf359

Not sure what water heater you were working on, but that kind of force would normally break a home unit, or break it's mounting. Some penetrant first would be good.

It's not the brute force of "1400 ft/lbs" (sic) as much as it is the hammer action of quick impacts that will make it work for you.

I have a Milwaukee 2860 rated 450/600 ft/lbs which will take off any car fastener including crank bolts.

Yeah, that was with some Kroil first and it still took the 3 foot pipe to loosen them. Did 8 water heaters, 4 came loose with the 18 inch bar, the other 4 needed the 3 foot bar. But it was still a bear. They were all fine afterwards. They were already at the 4-7 year mark so I was ok with breaking a water heater anyway, but they were all fine. That was years ago and now I'm hoping I can just do it with a 2 man crew instead of 3. Making one last another 5-6 years easily pays for this impact wrench.

Back