Summer gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know when we will start receiving the summer blend of gasoline in the US? Or have we already? Does it vary by area of the country?

Thanks

I'm not sure about on a state-to-state basis, but gasoline retailers are federally mandated to be selling summer-blend gasoline from May 1 to September 15.

And if the transition date in your state is different/earlier it may be delayed. Wisconsin waived the date to give retailers more time.

If I still had my old Rav4 I could tell you. It ran horribly every spring and fall for about 2 weeks and then ran fine. I can only think it was the change over to the seasonal gasoline and the system was very slow to adapt.

Somewhere I read last week that refiners were released by EPA from the usual June mandate for lower vapor pressure fuel due to COVID19 emergency. This was due to the fact that storage tanks are still holding large quantities of 'winter' blend gasoline.

I don't recall that a new date was stated.

Oldtommy

Originally Posted by 2oldtommy
Somewhere I read last week that refiners were released by EPA from the usual June mandate for lower vapor pressure fuel due to COVID19 emergency. This was due to the fact that storage tanks are still holding large quantities of 'winter' blend gasoline.

I don't recall that a new date was stated.

Oldtommy

Interesting. Thanks

Originally Posted by GSCJR
Thank you for asking this OP. I was also wondering the same thing.

You're welcome.

Originally Posted by CincyDavid
I had a late 80s Toyota Corolla that ran SO much better on IL gas than MO gas. I lived in St Louis and my job took me to both sides of the river. I don't know what was so different, but it really ran better on the IL gas.

Illinois went to E10 gas in the early 80's. I had a '79 Mustang 4 cylinder that would knock like crazy on the straight gas. I was glad the E10 gas came along. Now I go out of my way to get the straight gas again....

You were probably the only one looking for IL gas. Everyone else did it the other way around. IL residents going to MO for gas and smokes. Just across the Clark bridge from Alton to West Alton there were a few stations getting the IL customers with lower taxes and prices on gas and smokes.

Now, it's go to MO for gas and go to IL for grass since MJ for recreational use was "legalized" in IL.

Originally Posted by CincyDavid
I had a late 80s Toyota Corolla that ran SO much better on IL gas than MO gas. I lived in St Louis and my job took me to both sides of the river. I don't know what was so different, but it really ran better on the IL gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back