Subaru BRZ....2012

A friend of mine had a 2013 BRZ. Amazingly fun car. It drove like a slightly front-heavy Z06. Really loved it! He loved it too, but it needed more speed t o make him happy, and he traded it for a 2018 WRX, and that for a 2019 WRX STi.

Good choice, looks like a nice one. There are very few cars out there right now that appeal to me and this has always been one of them. My nephew had one for a short time (he was T-boned shortly after he got it) and I only got to drive it once but I instantly liked it.

It's a great little car with a European flair, well handling but light on power. Just don't drag race the new Ford Ranger at the lights. You'll be neck and neck, looking at the kid through the passenger side window.
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Just don't drag race the new Ford Ranger at the lights. You'll be neck and neck, looking at the kid through the passenger side window

...while the whole point of either vehicle sails right over your collective heads.

Originally Posted by d00df00d
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot
Just don't drag race the new Ford Ranger at the lights. You'll be neck and neck, looking at the kid through the passenger side window

...while the whole point of either vehicle sails right over your collective heads.

That may be the case, but it's true 100%. Friend of mine got absolutely tired of having compact 4-cylinder SUV acceleration in a sports car, because the "point of the vehicle" really doesn't matter when you get ghetto laned.

Originally Posted by Ws6
the "point of the vehicle" really doesn't matter when you get ghetto laned.

That's exactly when the point of the vehicle matters most. If you don't like that, you've bought the wrong car.

I love my relatively slow Club Sport; it's light, responsive, and the steering is virtually telepathic. On a twisting two lane where horsepower isn't a factor it will hang with just about anything.
That said, I love the straight line performance of my old Mazdaspeed 3 as well as my current 2 Series; it's so much fun to put paid to a bro dozer at the Stoplight Grand Prix.

Originally Posted by MCompact
I love my relatively slow Club Sport; it's light, responsive, and the steering is virtually telepathic. On a twisting two lane where horsepower isn't a factor it will hang with just about anything.
That said, I love the straight line performance of my old Mazdaspeed 3 as well as my current 2 Series; it's so much fun to put paid to a bro dozer at the Stoplight Grand Prix.

This is what I like about my even slower 318iC, slower because the ragtop is the heaviest of the e36 models.
It's a joy to drive and it's fun using the gearbox liberally, especially since this is our only remaining stick car.
I don't know who came up with the perverse idea that a car needs mondo acceleration to be entertaining to drive and use.
There's an old saying that it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow.
You can drive a slow car pretty hard without attracting unwanted attention from the local guardians of law and order.
Good choice Shannow.

Originally Posted by fdcg27

There's an old saying that it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than to drive a fast car slow.
You can drive a slow car pretty hard without attracting unwanted attention from the local guardians of law and order.
Good choice Shannow.

Thanks, and I agree...

My staple Vahicle for decades was verious Holden Toranas...I made them go VERY fast...but towards the end, I had a 4 cylinder, that I THRASHED...and never even got a sideways glance from the cops, who were always looking for me with the fast ones, because they could hear me.

Originally Posted by Shannow

[Linked Image]

Great looking car and a load of fun too, I sure. At the end of the day it's all about you having fun and enjoying your ride.

Last edited:
Agree … and now with two cars and an LT in silver … I'm finding it to be practical in hotter regions …
(pretty sure my 2010 was the last black on black for me, grey tires and all, ...Ž)

Originally Posted by 4WD
Agree … and now with two cars and an LT in silver … I'm finding it to be practical in hotter regions …
(pretty sure my 2010 was the last black on black for me, grey tires and all, ...Ž)

lol.gif

In law family member has one, a 2015(?) as a DD summer and winter here. Probably has close to 120k miles, and ALAIK, has been very reliable. She loves the car.

Good job on getting one, I think they are a great option as a fun car that isn't too wild for daily use.

I'm still surprised they never turbocharged this engine from the factory...!!!

That would have been a great platform to modify due to its light weight.

Sorry for not hopping back in my thread for a bit...working from home is pretty rough...

Would run an ILSAC 10W30 in it....if I didn't have too much other stuff in the stash.

Have heaps of 5W40 Dexos 2, predominantly Havoline DS, and some Magnatec DX.
So got some Nulon 0W16 to target an HTHS in the low 3s.

It's only got 72,000km, and currently, the cops are pulling over everything that looks like fun for "essential" travel, so if I can string together a chain of receipts, out she comes...but got to avoid being spotted having fun...on the fun roads around here.

Back