Status
Not open for further replies.
Sealant too.

1. Wash
2. IronX
3. Clay
4. Polish
5. Sealant

He carries Infinity Wax, McKee's and will soon be carrying Angel Wax.

We used McKee's on mine. They have a nice lineup.

Smart. I told them that but they still did anyway. However, it's quite possible the other dealership where the car originally came from had already done it.

I dont ever let the dealer wash the car nor detail it. They wont be as meticulous as you are. As for removing swirls they will most likely use a rotary will removes a lot of the clearcoat. I bought a dual action polisher and learned to use it. It is safer and remove less clear coat. And I also achieve a swirl free finished. I recommend getting the brand Porter Cable or you can research other brands.

Originally Posted by painfx
I dont ever let the dealer wash the car nor detail it. They wont be as meticulous as you are. As for removing swirls they will most likely use a rotary will removes a lot of the clearcoat. I bought a dual action polisher and learned to use it. It is safer and remove less clear coat. And I also achieve a swirl free finished. I recommend getting the brand Porter Cable or you can research other brands.

Problem is, sometimes you have no choice because it was already cleaned when it was shipped and taken off the truck.

Originally Posted by buster
Going forward I'm going to use McKee's Hydro Blue.

Is it better than Seal N Shine? Lol

Originally Posted by painfx
Originally Posted by buster
Going forward I'm going to use McKee's Hydro Blue.

Is it better than Seal N Shine? Lol

No I doubt it. You spray Hydro Blue on the car while wet and then rinse off. Then dry it. Turtle Wax has a similar product.

The Hydro Blue Pro is what I'm going to use. 50% stronger.

I don't ever let the dealer wax or detail my cars. NEVER ! I've seen them use a mop on cars and drop rags and pick them right up and wipe the car some more . I caught one kid eating a hamburger in my new car. If you are lucky they will only do one or two burnouts with it and that's after hitting a sewer or two. Been though all this before. I don't take my eyes off of my stuff if they need warrenty work.

I always request "do not wash" when I drop a car off for warranty work. I envision a couldn't-care-less teenager adding 2.5 million hairline scratches as he washes it with a rag and dries it with a towel he just picked up off the ground.

If you're comfortable with someone like this going at your car with a rotary buffer and who knows what product, sure, let the dealership do it. Personally, I'd pay a pro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back