Boy toys for sale

Living on Long island NY a suburb of NYC I noticed on Craigslist a ton of boy toy cars for sale. Also I noticed lots of work commercial trucks vans and pickups. I'm guessing a few good deals if you're in the position to make a offer.

Last edited:
A little more precision on your meaning of boy toy cars??
confused2.gif

New, used, vintage, collectible, loose, boxed etc.?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by user52165
A little more precision on your meaning of boy toy cars??
confused2.gif

New, used, vintage, collectible, loose, boxed etc.?

Cars that are mostly for fun - weekend cars. Sports cars, Jeeps, etc.

A lot of people are out of work, or seeing drastic reductions in income due to the crisis. Hence, sale of luxury items.

I haven't looked, but I'd bet there are also a bunch of boats, airplanes, motorcycles, etc. for sale, also.

This is just like 2008 when people with the toys couldn't afford them. If you have the money it's a good time to get some of these toys. I'm sure a lot of these sales are for extra vehicles that people have that realize that they don't have the time and resources to get them finished.

One thing I've been thinking of is when all of the baby boomers are no longer around, what is the market for these vehicles going to be like? Let's face it the younger generation isn't as passionate for vehicles. Personally I think the market for these cars will drop over the next 10-20 years.

Originally Posted by Audios
Originally Posted by Lolvoguy
I agree! some awesome deals out there!
Check out this steal!*

https://vancouver.craigslist.org/pml/cto/d/maple-ridge-1981-trans-am-project/7097798442.html

*some assembly required

Low miles lovely! Needs a new loving home!

A Trans-Am with a frame?? That's a really rare option!
crazy.gif
I remember the T-top ones flexing so badly over train tracks that the tops would pop loose... And that was BEFORE they started rusting!

Originally Posted by JC1
This is just like 2008 when people with the toys couldn't afford them. If you have the money it's a good time to get some of these toys. I'm sure a lot of these sales are for extra vehicles that people have that realize that they don't have the time and resources to get them finished.

One thing I've been thinking of is when all of the baby boomers are no longer around, what is the market for these vehicles going to be like? Let's face it the younger generation isn't as passionate for vehicles. Personally I think the market for these cars will drop over the next 10-20 years.

I was thinking the same thing, when its time for me to retire, RV's will be a dime a dozen

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by Audios
Lolvoguy said:
A Trans-Am with a frame?? That's a really rare option!
crazy.gif
I remember the T-top ones flexing so badly over train tracks that the tops would pop loose... And that was BEFORE they started rusting!

Yep, Trans-Am and Camaro had a front sub-frame up through 1982. Went quite a ways back under the floor pan and was quite heavy, 1st use was the gen 1 Camaros, and 68 and up Novas.

Last edited:
Back