Whats Supertech filter number for Honda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly! Yesterday's cages are NOT today's cages. Even Mobil-1 products have some now.
If my future search at Walmart uncovers Ecore cages in Mobil-1 filters, but it houses all the good stuff like synthetic fibers and silicone ADBV, I'm certainly interested - even at regular price of $8.97
If Fram Ultra 9688 is without louvers, I'm interested too.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105

What's wrong with the plastic cage ones? I've heard good things about them.

Early e-core filters (like early 2000's time frame) had issues with plastic cracking/larger spacing and media blowout.
That was solved a long time ago and is not an issue, but some just can't deal with change.

Originally Posted by blupupher

Early e-core filters (like early 2000's time frame) had issues with plastic cracking/larger spacing and media blowout.
That was solved a long time ago and is not an issue, but some just can't deal with change.

Still design problems with these. E Core Engine never ran properly on a Chevy OE replacement, and the core is a larger diameter and you get less filter paper and shallow pleats.

Sorry, garbage. And in general filters are WAY WAY undersized and are causing more engine issues than most here believe.

Especially if you are going through a winter with 30 grade oil.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by blupupher

Still design problems with these. E Core Engine never ran properly on a Chevy OE replacement, and the core is a larger diameter and you get less filter paper and shallow pleats.

Sorry, garbage. And in general filters are WAY WAY undersized and are causing more engine issues than most here believe.

Especially if you are going through a winter with 30 grade oil.

I'm not a fan of the old AC Delco or the old Supertech Ecore design. But supposedly both have improved just recently. Supertech now rates most to 10K. A recent AC Delco post claims they are made better now.

Last edited:
Classic Champion Labs middle grade filters and up have ALWAYS been the best filter out there for most applications.

Never an issue on thousands installed professionally and personally.

Other than Chevy's, They run GREAT on Hondas I've owned, Much better than the Blue Fram sold as Honda service replacement.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back