What causes an evaporator core to leak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The condenser is wet when you turn off the car. What I do is turn off the ac and run fan on high the last 5 minutes to dry up most of the water. My old van the tornado ate had a time delay off timer than ran the fan on low speed for 10 minutes after I shut it off. The newer cars are much more difficult to do this on. So I do in manually. Never a condenser failure in in many hundreds of thousands of miles.

Rod

Originally Posted by atikovi
Nothing wrong with the condenser.

I think he means evaporator. IMO since water will condense out on the evaporator people instinctively call it a condenser. It seems counter intuitive to call it an evaporator.

Sometimes people spray Lysol in their HVAC intake ducts to get rid of mildew smell. However, when the Lysol dries on the evaporator, it causes corrosion.

Originally Posted by atikovi
How would you know it was made in China?

I suppose that it could be made in India or Indonesia, but the quality there is going to be pretty bad too.

I heard that blower brush material collecting on the core is the problem with e90 BMWs. Sometimes I smell mine when I start it. One of these years I'll change it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back