Who makes regular green coolant?

I need to add coolant to the boat. I bought some supertech extended life for $7.88 thinking it would be regular green since it was so cheap, but I don't know until I open it.

This.

Screenshot_20200326-175435.png

Autozone was closed. I had to go to Walmart. I wonder if they're totally closed down or what. My guess is it was too late in the day. It was like 6:30 I think.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by Fitz98
I used Peak in my Expedition. It was green.

Long life or old school stuff?

I would think if it's green it wouldn't be considered long life. You're supposed to change it every 2 or 3 years, but obviously you know that already being a mechanic. lol

Originally Posted by Donald
I would convert the vehicles using old green to G-05. No reason not to except the time to flush it out.

I had a drop in engine installed. I'm not really sure why they used regular green coolant. I haven't seen that stuff in a vehicle for years. Usually it's either red, pink or even blue if I remember right.

I would convert the vehicles using old green to G-05. No reason not to except the time to flush it out.

+1 Million, G-05 is fantastic for systems designed for conventional green.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by Fitz98
I used Peak in my Expedition. It was green.

Long life or old school stuff?

I would think if it's green it wouldn't be considered long life. You're supposed to change it every 2 or 3 years, but obviously you know that already being a mechanic. lol

Colour means almost nothing these days, Prestone is Green, but it's chemically basically dexcool.

In case you didn't know, ( not trying to sound arrogant or anything ) when we talk about Green coolant on BITOG we usually mean IAT, a.k.a coolants with conventional inhibitors like silicate, phosphate, borate, nitrite etc.

I found some at AutoZone. Looks like they color code the caps. Even managed to find some distilled water. It wasn't a bad day. ...Ž

I'm sure there is a petcock on the block somewhere and I can change the coolant relatively easy every couple years. No biggie.

Originally Posted by motor_oil_madman
I found some at AutoZone. Looks like they color code the caps. Even managed to find some distilled water. It wasn't a bad day. ...Ž

Thanks Chris.
smile.gif

I get mine at Farm and Fleet. They have both the green and yellow long life as store brands. Made by Peak.

+1 Million, G-05 is fantastic for systems designed for conventional green.
If your do a D/F with conventional green in the system, and you refill with G-05, is that an issue? With a D/F you are of course not getting all of the coolant out.

Back