Ford in big trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
There's no surrender with the Ford Family..... dating back to the Model-T.
They have lots of practice.
https://www.neatorama.com/2013/06/03/Saving-Ford-from-Ford/
What's less well-known about Henry Ford is how close he came to destroying the Ford Motor Company [with the Model T] in the later years of his life. The only reason you can still buy a Ford today is that the other members of the Ford family were able to wrest control of the family company away from him before it collapsed entirely.

Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Originally Posted by Railrust
They did jump on the hybrid train too late...have they even got on yet? And they always seem to follow, rather than innovate, but you'd think that would be the safe thing in troubled times.

?

Ford was the first domestic to produce a hybrid, hence their patent sharing with Toyota. This was in 2004.

==========================================================
We have a 2014 Fusion Hybrid Titanium in the fleet … 121k and going strong

Last time I read, Ford is more liquid than the other three, they have significant cash reserves. I recall during the bailout they did not need government support. While a smaller factor, my decision to try a Ford product was influenced by that.

Originally Posted by meep
Last time I read, Ford is more liquid than the other three, they have significant cash reserves. I recall during the bailout they did not need government support. While a smaller factor, my decision to try a Ford product was influenced by that.

They did need government aid to survive. Don't kid yourself thinking they skated through 2008 all on their own.

that said, maybe Ford should have taken the bailout. It's competition emerged restructured and able to take advantage of the following recovery. Instead, Ford spent 10 years of the hottest automotive market in history floundering about trying to find it's way with mediocre results. Only in recent years have they finally admitted a restructure is in order, but they've been unable to execute so far. Now, they're at a disadvantage to everyone else who reaped those benefits and Ford will have to try to ride out the coming downturn without the momentum they need. Not good for Ford.

There are dark days ahead for everyone, but Ford should be shaking in their boots.

Originally Posted by meep

Your very correct

For some reason the haters love to hate on Ford.
Ford will ride this wave just like they did when Obama bailed out GM and Chrysler and the big banks .
Ford will be Ford next week and next month and next year.
This talk is getting old about Ford selling out guys
Find something else to talk about that's real news !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back