DENSO Cabin Filters for Toyota

Last time I changed my 2012 Toyota Tacoma's cabin filter it was a Toyota OEM from a discount dealer @ $26 (dealer charges $35). I believe DENSO makes these OEM for Toyota. I found on Rockauto DENSO OE for for my Tacoma @ $4.19ea. I'll compare this to my OEM and see if it's the same filter, compatible or junk.

There is a distinct difference between the oem CAF from Toyota and the cheepos I can buy from Rockauto, in construction. $20+ dollar difference in value? Not for me. I buy the cheaper ones and change them regularly.

We grew up with: GOOD-BETTER-BEST.

With CAFs it's INSULTING GARBAGE-OK-PREMIUM

Not long ago TYC store displays urged mechanics to up their profits with CAF service.
They offered filters which were frameless fuzz about the thickness of 3 paper towels merely pressed into a wavy shape.
Cardboard forms for new shoes are better made.

Maybe they've broadened their product line but TYC -and real cheap offerings- will always be a red flag with me.
Be smart, frugal and thrifty. Don't be cheap

I just bought a Walmart SuperTech 7250 Cabin filter for my 2013 Tacoma, was made in USA supposedly by Champion, about $11 plus tax. the quality did not look any better than the TYC made in Taiwan ones I used previously, but im buying American since the situation we have now in the country.

just received a DENSO Aftermarket CAF and Air filter from ROCKAUTO both are made in China but the price was 50% cheaper than the made in USA Filtech HONDA OEMs for my Accord, both seem to be of good quality just by observation and very well packaged items and super fast delivery, the price with a 5% discount code cant be beat IMO.

Originally Posted by jrvn
just received a DENSO Aftermarket CAF and Air filter from ROCKAUTO both are made in China but the price was 50% cheaper than the made in USA Filtech HONDA OEMs for my Accord, both seem to be of good quality just by observation and very well packaged items and super fast delivery, the price with a 5% discount code cant be beat IMO.

My CAF (plus DENSO air filter & oil filter) arrived Friday from Rockauto for my 12 Tacoma 4x4. Comparison IMO of the CAF Toyota OEM vs DENSO OE was almost identical in shape, size and quality. Different markings obviously USA made and Chinese. But for $4.19 it's hard to beat.

Originally Posted by wagsrk08
Originally Posted by jrvn

My CAF (plus DENSO air filter & oil filter) arrived Friday from Rockauto for my 12 Tacoma 4x4. Comparison IMO of the CAF Toyota OEM vs DENSO OE was almost identical in shape, size and quality. Different markings obviously USA made and Chinese. But for $4.19 it's hard to beat.
I agree 100% and hate to admit it that the China DENSO's for the money from ROCKAUTO cant be beat. BTW how fast was that shipping, mine came to my house the day after I ordered
thankyou2.gif
The OEM Tacoma CAF from my research is made in the USA by a company called MicronAir I searched online to buy a direct replacement but was unsuccessfull I think they only fill direct orders from Toyota Corp. and you cant buy from them as a individual. Total cost for my DENSO CAF and Air filter for my 2006 Accord was $20.72 with that 5% discount code
thumbsup2.gif
If you want to try and get a MicronAir filter(I couldn't find any online) the part # is TY02116P for Tacoma trucks. https://www.discountfilters.com/cabin-air-filters/micronair-ty02116p-2-pack/p177678/

Last edited:
Back