Continental CrossContact LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at a set of Continental Crosscontact LX Sport SSR 110H tires- 275/45/20

Any feedback? Saw some mixed reviews, mostly regarding poor wear but couldn't tell if it was mostly tires wearing from poor maintenance, alignments, lack of rotations or if this is a subpar tire?

Have some contentals on my tundra and love them. Was under the impression all continentals were a really good tire. it appears that this particular series comes from the factory on a number of SUV's. FOund what seems to be a great deal on a set of these continentals.

Last edited:
Love them on my GL, wet traction can be a little iffy at highway speeds thorough larger puddles, but its a 5000 lb truck. I have had no issues from customers when I install them as well. Conti IMO is the best blend of price and performance. Firestone Destinations also get great reviews for a little less money.

These I believe are factory tires on wife's Q5 in size 235/55/19. She has about 25K miles on them and they're ready to be replaced.

More of a comfort tire, I'd say. Definitely not performance oriented. Sidewalls are pretty soft.

It would be for a Porsche Cayenne that the wife drives to work. Just the 6 cylinder non/turbo

so it sounds like a "softer" tire, like most of the tires that come on new cars, and will wear out quickly. Not sure if I want to go through the hassle to have them only last 25K

anyone heard of Ohtsu? Says they are made by Falken .

Originally Posted by jdw1222
so it sounds like a "softer" tire, like most of the tires that come on new cars, and will wear out quickly. Not sure if I want to go through the hassle to have them only last 25K

anyone heard of Ohtsu? Says they are made by Falken .

Many retired Falken tires are sold under the Ohtsu brand.

I doubt they have runflats for your car

If you like Continental, there's no reason not to keep using their tires
smile.gif

If you want something that will last longer than 25k, you might like the CrossContact LX25, which comes with a 65k warranty

Had two sets of four on the Explorer with no issues. Good tire, good grip in wet conditions, quiet ride and decent tread life, which is why I bought a second set of four.

Ah …… Mmmm ……. Uh ………

I'm not quite sure how to address this - BUT -

CrossContact LX
CrossContact LX Sport
CrossContact LX Sport SSR

These are 3 DIFFERENT tire lines.

Even more so: The last 2 are OE lines - which means that each individual size will be different than the others even WITHIN the same line.

And the last one is the RunFlat version - which according to Tire Rack, only applies to BMW's that take that size, not the Porsche Cayenne's.

Ergo, one has to be very careful what one is looking at. For example.

CrossContact LX ……………. UTQG 680 A B ….
CrossContact LX Sport …….. UTQG 480 A A …..
CrossContact LX Sport SSR … UTQG 480 A A ….

So it shouldn't be a surprise that one of those versions has wear complaints - it only has a wear rating of 480, and it is an OE tire, which aren't noted for their wear prowess.

Further:

CrossContact LX20 …… UTQG 740 A B
CrossContact LX25 …… UTQG 740 A A

I don't know why Continental does this, but they are far from alone - but their naming convention leads to confusion - as demonstrated in this thread.

Why the OP was interested in the CrossContact LX Sport SSR is a mystery. Why the better wearing LX25 wasn't mentioned by the OP is also a mystery.

Originally Posted by CapriRacer
Ah …… Mmmm ……. Uh ………

CrossContact LX
CrossContact LX Sport

Good catch, Capri.

The ones on wife's Q5 are actually the LX Sport, not SSR.

I am very pleased with Continental's mild AT on the F150. It's really more of a hwy tire, but it rides great, is better than the oems in the rain, and are silent. TerrainContact?

Originally Posted by CapriRacer
Ah …… Mmmm ……. Uh ………

CrossContact LX
CrossContact LX Sport

Even more so: The last 2 are OE lines - which means that each individual size will be different than the others even WITHIN the same line.

And the last one is the RunFlat version - which according to Tire Rack, only applies to BMW's that take that size, not the Porsche Cayenne's.

Ergo, one has to be very careful what one is looking at. For example.

CrossContact LX ……………. UTQG 680 A B ….
CrossContact LX Sport …….. UTQG 480 A A …..
CrossContact LX Sport SSR … UTQG 480 A A ….

So it shouldn't be a surprise that one of those versions has wear complaints - it only has a wear rating of 480, and it is an OE tire, which aren't noted for their wear prowess.

Further:

CrossContact LX20 …… UTQG 740 A B
CrossContact LX25 …… UTQG 740 A A

I don't know why Continental does this, but they are far from alone - but their naming convention leads to confusion - as demonstrated in this thread.

Why the OP was interested in the CrossContact LX Sport SSR is a mystery. Why the better wearing LX25 wasn't mentioned by the OP is also a mystery.

I just happened to come across what I thought was a good price on tires. Seems like its probably not that good of deal Considering. https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F184103223935

Will keep looking. Thanks for the detailed info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back