Subaru BRZ....2012

Originally Posted by d00df00d

At the same time... if you want to avoid tickets, a BRZ is a great call -- not just because it's not all that fast, but because it feels faster than it is. But if that's what you want... Have you driven an MX-5? Even better in that respect, IMO -- at least in its most recent incarnation. You might also be able to get the version with the 1.5L engine, which is what the car was originally designed around (the 2.0 is heavier).

as a Golf R owner, have to agree with this, 100%. I found the BRZ a blast to drive. I may still end up with one, but dog transport is a challenge... The R is, in many respects, not as fun to drive until you're at felony speeding levels.

Watch the top gear episode of them reviewing the Toyota 86 I think, which is same....he loved it, sure it was not the most powerful....but handled great, and was amazing to see how you gain get rear end out and point and shoot where you want to go, was refreshing to see a car with normal tires pretty much Prius tires...but where ever you pointed the nose....the car went. Now I know you will not be drifting it, but like I said from the cars that they drove with tons of power, he was impressed with the kicks he got from driving it. And yes there was issues with valve springs or something, but if it was done well, and it has accumulated some k after it was done to back up that it was done properly...main thing is you are happy.

None of our opinions mean jack, buy what you want as long as it puts a smile on your face, and you are happy with it. It's your money, and everyone has different tastes. People recommending a vette or 370, nonsense. More gas, sure it's cheap in meantime....but triple the age, and will need triple the maintenance because of age, things fail or need to be changed or degrade even if it has low k with time. Sometimes lack of use is worse. Like I said buy what will satisfy you.

Originally Posted by Shannow
Agreed...anyway, it's on the way...and the Captia is going to the car yard.

Photos when you get it.
grin2.gif

I never found them appealing because of how slow they were purported to be, but if you are looking for something fun where power isn't going to get you into trouble, sounds like it might fit the bill perfectly based on the feedback in this thread. Looking forward to pics and impressions
grin.gif

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Agreed...anyway, it's on the way...and the Captia is going to the car yard.

Photos when you get it.
grin2.gif

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Cdn17Sport6MT
Well, howzit drive?

It's really really good fun...really good fun....easy to slide, and easy to hold (did I say that ???)

Not ashamed to say I had tears in my eyes as I picked it up and drove off...

Silver is a great color for that car. I see so many in red and blue. Mild colors seem to suit it better.

After 6 years with mine, I'm considering a second one. The only issue we've had in 6 years was the freeze in our climate occasionally. 35 MPG average and a blast to drive, comfortable on a long run.

Well, howzit drive?

It's really really good fun...really good fun....easy to slide, and easy to hold (did I say that ???)

thumbsup2.gif

Congratulations, Shannow!

Well, howzit drive?

Excellent! I have heard some of these have Prius tires for that very reason... for control and gentle, progressive warning of loss of traction.

Last edited:
Well, howzit drive?

Excellent! I have heard some of these have Prius tires for that very reason... for control and gentle, progressive warning of loss of traction.

The tire is shared not with the regular Prius, but with the "sport" package available on the Prius in some markets, and all of these cars come with it except for the rare higher-performance ones (e.g. the Yellow Edition, the tS, etc.). It's a summer tire that actually has decent grip, just not so much as a high-end performance tire. It also isn't too wide, which helps feel and feedback as well as limit behavior.

The limit behavior is mainly a function of the car as a whole, though: suspension geometry, springs, dampers, sway bars, weight distribution, differential, etc. The car retains that fundamental character even with much grippier tires, until you start really modifying it.

Back