HF has these on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.harborfreight.com/Multi-Use-Transfer-Pump-63144.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMjM0NzczNzAiLCJza3UiOiI2MzE0NCIsImlzIjoiMy45OSIsInByb2R1Y3RfaWQi%0D%0AOiIxMTkzNiJ9%0D%0A

Yes

I copied it from the post , pasted it into the address bar of Firefox & it worked .

Have never tried it for that purpose . I seem to remember it comes with an adapter and a smaller plastic tube which may be small enough to slide down the dip stick tube ?

These are great. I use them for lawn mower oil changes. I bought a couple recently. I haven't opened them yet since my old one is still working.Thanks for posting. These are good to have around.

I've been using one for the past year or so... ..not top of the line but does do the job pretty good

Originally Posted by Audios
Ive bought 2 in the past and they both failed pretty quickly.

Cheap tools that you have to buy several times actually aren't very cheap are they.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Would this work to pull an oil sample via the engine dipstick tube?

Not really. Any dirt or contamination in the pump would contaminate the sample. The fluid flows through this pump. A sample pump pulls vacuum on the sample container and fills the container without contacting the fluid.

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Wonder how that would work with front/rear differentials?

That's the only reason I have one (transfer cases too).

I have one I haven't used yet. The way the hoses slip inside a fitting, instead over a conventional nipple, seems strange and likely to come apart at an inopportune moment.

The dipstick tubing supplied seems inappropriate for oil changes, for a couple of reasons. It's very thin, much thinner than necessary to fit into my dipstick tube, so would restrict flow. Also, it tends to curl, so wouldn't necessarily reach all the way to the bottom of the oil pan before curling to the side, or upwards.

Walmart has a similar looking pump.

I use them to refill the diffs. Works quicker than the lotion pumps. They tend to go bad after usage and storage tho. 1x use items.

Originally Posted by ZebRuaj
I use them to refill the diffs. Works quicker than the lotion pumps. They tend to go bad after usage and storage tho. 1x use items.

^this
I never tried to clean or reuse one of these. Much easier to just buy 2 or 3 of them at 4.99 each and throw it out after use.

Last edited:
After use you need to take apart and clean the seal. They work for a few uses or a few years whichever comes first. They're a great value if you rarely use them. If you want to contrast against "good" electric pumps, that's a big price difference.

They're also handy for generating a small amount of low pressure air. I use one to blow fungus out of my furnace drain traps, after dumping some hot drain cleaner down them and letting that sit for a few minutes. Wear rubber gloves and goggles.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back