Ford in big trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

i really dont understand why the common consensus is ford isnt doing well. if you actually look at the reports the actual equity of the company has steadily been climbing. They vehicles in general are selling very well. They had that charge last year for benefits but the company still made a lot of money. The company when you look at it objectively is extremely healthy. I can only assume that the stock is more weighted to potential future earnings? Look at telsa they havent made a dime yet but their the stock price was soaring before the current events

The partnership is just a prelude to VW outright buying the company. Give it another few years and Ford will be a division of VW.

The current Ford CEO Hackett is incompetent and out of his league and should have never been hired in the first place this choice seemed to be insane when I first heard of it.

Just another symptom of the disease affecting Big Business in the US. A CEO is a CEO and can run anything. Heck, the guy who was president of the company where I worked for decades ran the place into the ground. When he left, he was suddenly on the board of Pfizer!! They would have done better hiring a business major right out of college. This "culture at the top" is a real disease in American business. It affects jobs, creativity, business prosperity and survival. Yet these guys serve on each other's boards, reinforcing their bad decisions by sending them rippling through other companies. It is kind of like a business "Corona virus" in my opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
The current CEO is in over his head. You don't bring in a furniture salesman to run a multinational car company.

Interestingly, I heard this guy in an NPR interview today.
He didn't sound like an idiot but rather a calm and thoughtful man with a solid grasp of Ford's potential problems who may well be as capable as anyone else of leading Ford through its current travails.
We all have what we think were hero CEOs, but they had their flaws and their blind spots as well.
Would be easy to name many names from many companies.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
Originally Posted by bdcardinal
The current CEO is in over his head. You don't bring in a furniture salesman to run a multinational car company.

Interestingly, I heard this guy in an NPR interview today.
He didn't sound like an idiot but rather a calm and thoughtful man with a solid grasp of Ford's potential problems who may well be as capable as anyone else of leading Ford through its current travails.
We all have what we think were hero CEOs, but they had their flaws and their blind spots as well.
Would be easy to name many names from many companies.

Ever since he took over they have been making tons of poor decisions on the parts and service end. Parts backorders have been at unacceptable levels for a few years now. They started a program a few months ago where there are no more list prices on many parts. We as a dealer have to pay an additional subscription fee to an outside company to get the dynamic list prices.

Ford lost me with the V6 with the internal water pump that leaks coolant into the oil. Ain't nobody got time for that.

MIKE I CARE because this an American company, We had better get this under control and soon ,I do agree that this is part of the good old boy leadership and Board of Directors.

Originally Posted by Boomer
Just another symptom of the disease affecting Big Business in the US. A CEO is a CEO and can run anything. Heck, the guy who was president of the company where I worked for decades ran the place into the ground. When he left, he was suddenly on the board of Pfizer!! They would have done better hiring a business major right out of college. This "culture at the top" is a real disease in American business. It affects jobs, creativity, business prosperity and survival. Yet these guys serve on each other's boards, reinforcing their bad decisions by sending them rippling through other companies. It is kind of like a business "Corona virus" in my opinion.

Brilliant and insightful post, spot on my friend it is systemic rot from above small circles of elites greasing each others palms back and forth. Calling it a "virus" is very astute.

Ford, 3M and GE have just teamed up to make ventilators for coronavirus treatment. Maybe Ford has a future in other than car making....

Originally Posted by pbm
Ford, 3M and GE have just teamed up to make ventilators for coronavirus treatment. Maybe Ford has a future in other than car making....

Interesting thought. During the war years many companies switched from their primary product and produced critical products instead. If that makes them viable and they can
make money more the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back