Soap for pressure washer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What car soap is best to use in a pressure washer? It will go in a soap cannon attachment which just mounts on the nozzle. I was thinking about using meguiars gold glass to hose it down and then scrub the meguiars ultimate wash and wax.

I like the adams polishes car soap. The Turtle Wax ice worked well However the Turtle Wax max power is terrible as its way too liquidy and doesn't stick to the vehicle. Make sure whatever car wash you buy is thick enough.

In my pressure washer I've used Adams regular shampoo and turtle wax ice. Like i mentioned before you can try the Turtle wax max power but for me it didn't foam enough as it just ran off the car.

I leave my soap dispenser alone and use a foam cannon. Right now Meguiar's Deep Crystal car wash and Chemical Guy's Honeydew Snow Foam. 4 cups hot water to 1/4 cup soap in the foam cannon container. Under 2 GPM on your pressure washer I would get the 1.1mm orifice for the foam cannon.

i been using the goldclass and it works just fine out of my cannon. 2oz and then fill the rest with warm water and spray. can usually get my cars covered with 1/2 a bottle . so one bottle does 2 cars.

i just use it to foam my cars and then go over it with a mitt and bucket method. i would only spray and rinse off and spray again if its really dirty.

i have used some of the more expensive stuff in the past and did not see a big difference . certainly not enough to justify the extra cost

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bill_W
I leave my soap dispenser alone and use a foam cannon. Right now Meguiar's Deep Crystal car wash and Chemical Guy's Honeydew Snow Foam. 4 cups hot water to 1/4 cup soap in the foam cannon container. Under 2 GPM on your pressure washer I would get the 1.1mm orifice for the foam cannon.

Plus one for the Chemical Guy's Honeydew. Use that with a Sun Joe SPX Electric Power-washer and foam canon I picked up on Amazon for around $20. You can spend a lot more on equipment but this combo works very good!

Armor All just came out with a shampoo for foam canons that's supposed to contain a wetting agent. Otherwise, any highly concentrated car wash will do. The Chemical Guy's stuff are fairly inexpensive for the gallon jugs, and they are very concentrated. Walmart started carrying a good amount of their products lately, and a 1/2 gal bottle of Hondeydew Snowfoam is about $19. Another option might be Meguiar's Hyperwash.

Use Meguiar's D111 Shampoo Plus. It cleans well, foams well, and is very economical. I use it exclusively, take this from someone who isn't afraid to try the 'boutique' stuff.

I don't know anything about foam cannons. Always just used the good ole soapy bucket method. Sometimes the 2-bucket method. You guys really like these foam cannons?

Originally Posted by john_pifer
I don't know anything about foam cannons. Always just used the good ole soapy bucket method. Sometimes the 2-bucket method. You guys really like these foam cannons?

I love mine. I usually do the the foam cannon and let it soak then use the pressure washer followed by the soap and bucket.

Oh boy.. I didn't even know a "soap cannon" existed and I just mail ordered a Sun Joe SPX3000 the other day..

Way too much click and buy with this quarantine.. LOL

The SPX3000 is a great little power washer, picked one up last summer, bought a $20. foam cannon from amazon and this thing puts out a lot of foam with Meguiars Gold Class car wash.
cheers3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back