Had to get approval to buy Seafoam

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ lol

Originally Posted by dawgn86
I bought some clear plastic tubing at Lowe's last year and they quizzed me what it was for.

To tie up my victims and shoot heroin... got a problem with that?
20.gif

This nonsense will never end if we stay too compliant about it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dave9
^ lol

Originally Posted by dawgn86
I bought some clear plastic tubing at Lowe's last year and they quizzed me what it was for.

To tie up my victims and shoot heroin... got a problem with that?
20.gif

This nonsense will never end if we stay too compliant about it.

Agreed. None of their flippin business.

Originally Posted by JMJNet
Heck, they checked my ID buying Dimetapp for kids.
It is not even aerosol.

I'm guessing it was a kind that had dextromethorphan cough suppressant in it, people that enjoy robotripping are dumb you can easily get products with only Dextromethorphan in them but they'll go and buy stuff like Mucinex DM or other cold/flu brews that contain DXM with a mix of pain relievers, decongestants, and anti-histamines which the body usually finds much less tolerable in high doses than DXM, I remember several years ago reading a forum where a guy was asking what he could do to stop smelling like Mucinex since Guaifenesin will be released in sweat and he took a ton of Mucinex DM to get high off of it and he was going to a job interview or something.

Originally Posted by FT92
bought two cans of cheap spray paint at a dollar store ...they asked for ID...I'm 65 years old ...just the way the world is anymore

You sure it wasn't for the senior discount?

Originally Posted by loneryder
My Walmart purchase was held up waiting for approval (that I was 18) to buy a can of Seafoam. How in the heck is that stuff abused?????

It isn't, but it contains at least one chemical that has been designated as one that can be abused, so the product is included on the list of products to keep out of the hands of minors.

I'm guessing it falls under the "Better safe than sorry" type approach to preventing abuse of OTC chemicals.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Loperamide aka Imodium A-D is sold over the counter, has an opioid in it and if you swallow enough of them, you can get high. Next time your at a Dollar general or Family Dollar, notice if they have store brand Anti-Diarrhea meds in stock.
They are often sold out.
https://www.pharmacist.com/article/loperamide-will-now-come-limited-dose-packaging

Wow that is pathetic. It never bothers me when these types OD, one less drag on society.

The complete lack of empathy you have for your fellow man belies the narrow-minded view of mental health I'm guessing you posses. Some things are not so black and white; some things have many shades of grey, in fact.

Originally Posted by JEL01
Get all that up here, have to sign a waiver with ID for certain cold meds too IIRC, or at least show ID and they enter it, been years since I bought anything like that.

It's so bad in the Seattle area with junkies, theives and tweakers Domino's won't give me MY change after already paying for my pizza with cash and handing them a $20 until the manager signs off on it
crazy2.gif

I'm not making the connection...what did the mgr have to sign off on, the employee opening the cash drawer? Are you sure that was due to the illicit drug problems locally, could it be just something that mgr put in place to curb employees from dipping into the till because they like to steal?

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
My Walmart purchase was held up waiting for approval (that I was 18) to buy a can of Seafoam. How in the heck is that stuff abused?????

It isn't, but it contains at least one chemical that has been designated as one that can be abused, so the product is included on the list of products to keep out of the hands of minors.

I'm guessing it falls under the "Better safe than sorry" type approach to preventing abuse of OTC chemicals.

They should bring back the concoction of rotten apples and mud that used to be the standard for diarrhea for many years. Kaopectate was the most used brand.

I make a scene every time. I am no longer young and have early male pattern baldness, and have never been refused once an attendant shows up. Not once. I think it is foolish they do this.

Our Walmart is reasonable considering how many things draw the flashing light … they do have to code in and verify born before the required date … (don't have to hand over ID if they judge your age) …

Walgreens ? You could be 105 and have to fish out that ID from a wheelchair while on oxygen

Originally Posted by PimTac

They should bring back the concoction of rotten apples and mud that used to be the standard for diarrhea for many years. Kaopectate was the most used brand.

Yeah they took out either the Kaolin or Pectin- can't remember which one- and it doesn't work as well.

Originally Posted by Geauxtiger
Can't keep whipped cream in a can at the house. I abuse the heck out of it! Can't walk by the frig without stopping to spray a mouthful....or three.

Haha I sometimes buy that stuff to eat straight out of the can for my dessert
laugh.gif
I swear that stuff is addicting!

None of that here. I haven't been carded or quizzed about any purchase that I can remember for at least 25 years. Pretty much the only time my DL comes out of the wallet is when I fly.
That s is just unacceptable here.

Originally Posted by AC1DD
Originally Posted by skyactiv
Loperamide aka Imodium A-D is sold over the counter, has an opioid in it and if you swallow enough of them, you can get high. Next time your at a Dollar general or Family Dollar, notice if they have store brand Anti-Diarrhea meds in stock.
They are often sold out.
https://www.pharmacist.com/article/loperamide-will-now-come-limited-dose-packaging

Wow that is pathetic. It never bothers me when these types OD, one less drag on society.

The complete lack of empathy you have for your fellow man belies the narrow-minded view of mental health I'm guessing you posses. Some things are not so black and white; some things have many shades of grey, in fact.

I agree ^^^^^^

I had a lady patient in her late 40s at the hospital who was wanting to leave AMA (against medical advice) because she was wanting to get drugs... I was having a very, very busy evening and honestly did not have time. But I made myself take time with her that she needed.. and on my knee beside her patient bed I talked with her for 15 straight minutes... And I told her the real deal... And I told if she left she knew what that would mean... And what she would do .. and the absolute necessity she stay in the hospital. I realized in that moment, space and time she was somebody to someone else... Tears in my eyes holding her hand and speaking to her candidly about the truth of her circumstance... I knew she was a daughter, a sister, a aunt, maybe a mother to someone else.. she mattered to someone.... And that at that time when I seemingly had no time.... She needed time... And a hand up.. She settled in... And stayed...

walmart stopped me from self checking out a pair of black latex gloves from the motor oil aisle.

Needed to have a jockey come over and key that I was over 18 to purchase said gloves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back