Car Quest Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't that difficult and Amazon sells filter cutters pretty inexpensively. Here's a video from 2019...

Last edited:
Originally Posted by A_User55555
They used to be WIX made but now they're re-branded Purolator filters.

Yup, I'm noticing a lot of filter #'s for Auto Extra brand are purolator made now as well

Originally Posted by 1bioguy
Somebody slice me open a Car Quest, I want to see how they are inside!

They have this amazing thing called "Google" you know...

Around here the Conquest stores are closing - or have closed. Is someone else selling Conquest filters now?

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Around here the Conquest stores are closing - or have closed. Is someone else selling Conquest filters now?

AdvanceAuto.

I have a Carquest Blue sitting on the shelf waiting to go on the Alfa. Won't be getting used for another 14k miles, but it'll be getting cut open after than run. So 1bioguy, if you can hold your breath for 24k miles, I've got you covered..

Great video wemay....

I have a Purolator made blue Carquest on my car right now... And I have a Carquest red and a Carquest blue on standby...

96 percent efficiency at 20 microns for the red Carquest is not too shabby.

CQ was Affinia made years ago (old Wix parent company), then they were made by Fram/Champion (when they were working together), now they're Purolator/Mann & Hummel (who owns Wix now, so it's almost like a full circle). The CQ reds now look a lot like a Purolator Classic, the blue ones look like a Purolator Pure One. There is also a CQ "heavy duty" filter which is identical to & made by Baldwin, I have one for the Express 6.0 in my sig, but it's not installed yet, along with a few Baldwin reds, they all look alike except for paint.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Great video wemay....

I have a Purolator made blue Carquest on my car right now... And I have a Carquest red and a Carquest blue on standby...

96 percent efficiency at 20 microns for the red Carquest is not too shabby.

Dont forget to use that P1 filter I sent you captain
smile.gif

Carquest stores here are now AAP, meaning there are Advance Auto stores here on top of each other...

Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
Got a CQ blue coming up soon for when my parents Chrysler needs the oil done in April.

Severe Service OCI...... or no?
Most all of us fall under Severe Service with the Korean automakers. Keep your parents engine "relatively' clean, for warranty purposes. Keep all receipts too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
Got a CQ blue coming up soon for when my parents Chrysler needs the oil done in April.

Severe Service OCI...... or no?
Most all of us fall under Severe Service with the Korean automakers. Keep your parents engine "relatively' clean, for warranty purposes. Keep all receipts too.

The Chrysler has a normal service of 6 months or 7500 miles. its a bit out of extended warranty (2012 Chrysler 200 with the 2.4). ITs coming up on time wise (6months or 7500 miles as per the owners book.) as the car isn't being as driven as much since we had got our grandmothers Focus.

My Veloster is on the Severe Service as well. Since that is my Daily, that one gets done every 3 months or 3750 miles.

All receipts for our cars get put in a big binder. That way everything is all in one place and we can easily reference it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back