Wearever Hydroboost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been on the hunt for a hydrobooster for my 2001 Mustang GT. CARid just cancelled my order today, that I had pending since last week for a Centric unit. Supposedly they were out of stock even though their site said "9 in stock".

Does anyone have experience with Wearever reman'd boosters? I'm also looking for brand recommendations for the hydrobooster as well.. Thanks.

Last edited:
If you're referring to the brake booster, Rock Auto has several brands in stock. Most are remans. They also carry a new Motorcraft unit, but that part is very expensive. One of the remans is Cardone, which doesn't seem to have such a good reputation these days.

Wearever is usually AAP, should be able to get one with a decent code on it & a lifetime warranty. I think that's who made the one in my (departed) GMC, and it was fine. Looks like $185.99-25% (RMN25 or WIKI25) & any Speedperks reward if you have any, somewhere in the $140 range.

Originally Posted by mattd
I would get a motorcraft if it was my vehicle.

At $500 vs. $140 with lifetime warranty? OK... I was in this same situation when the electric radiator cooling fan went out on mu MGM-until I discovered that the Motorcraft was less quality & more money than the TYC one I used.

Originally Posted by bullwinkle
Originally Posted by mattd
I would get a motorcraft if it was my vehicle.

At $500 vs. $140 with lifetime warranty? OK... I was in this same situation when the electric radiator cooling fan went out on mu MGM-until I discovered that the Motorcraft was less quality & more money than the TYC one I used.

I suppose it depends what type of service the vehicle sees. I'd also rather change it once than change it more than once, potentially more than that. IME I have found no real quality aftermarket hydroboost units that are readily available that last. To each their own. But I would pay an extra 300$ to more than likely never have to change it again.

I found a used OEM unit from a wrecked 36,000 mile 2003 Cobra. Got it for $150 shipped... if I can get at least 50,000 miles out of it I'll be happy.. Motorcraft is RIDICULOUS with their pricing..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back