Bit the bullet, new pressure washer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
$540 at Home Depot with my military discount. Honda GX motor and triplex pump. Exactly like the Simpson at TSC with a different paint job and hose. $599 @ TSC no military discount. Will assemble soon and give her a try.

20200324_144519.jpg

Nice. I just bought a new pump for my vertical 2800 psi Craftsman. I think the only reason it lasted as long as it did (well over 10 years) was because everybody borrowed it from me and that kept all the moving parts working well. I only use it a few times a year.

Looks good! Have a B&S powered 2000 psi / 2 gpm unit for 25 years. Just make sure you disconnect the sprayer and drain it after every use otherwise what water is trapped in it will freeze and crack the sprayer.

Nice! I got a Craftsman pressure washer from my dad that has a Briggs & Stratton 6.5 HP engine. Back when they listed HP on the engine. I ruined the pump on it.
I didn't purge the air before starting it.

Nice, looks equivalent to my Great Northern, Honda engine unit I bought around 20 years ago and still works great!!

Frankly the adjustable tip is what I used for most of those years. Being completely ignorant of how the "tools make the machine", to me the correct tips made my powerwasher come alive. That adjustable thing was a piece of junk really and I didn't know better.

I bought a rotating turbo nozzle for just abusive blast cleaning for the nastiest surfaces.

A set of six changeable tips. Sure a little more hassle than an adjustable tip, but each one works better than any setting on the adjustable.

A 15" surface cleaner. Like a turbo upside down lawn sprinkler on steroids. Two impinging nozzles spinning like crazy under the hood, cleans really well. With one of these you can clean any concrete surface in 20% of the time it takes wanding it. Simply an amazing tool. It just works - if you don't trust me on any other tool suggestions just get this one.

An under the car 5 head sprayer, with wheels. Even if you live in a warm dry place, this sucker gets all the junk from under side of your vehicles, salt in particular, but dirt and sand and animal goo.

Lastly a foam cannon for applying any water based soap. I use it mostly for cleaners on my concrete patio, car parking areas and driveway. Makes a nice snowstorm, dirt and oil float up then hit the flat surfaces with the surface cleaner again.

Have fun, use ear muffs

Originally Posted by 2strokeNorthstar
If it's going to sit a while run windshield washer fluid through the pump before storing or RV antifreeze if temps. Necessitate.

RV antifreeze yes I would avoid windshield washer fluid as it may contain Methanol.

Assembled it and the oil that came with it was a 10W30 Simpson brand. Probably give it a run tomorrow. The floor cleaner, undercarriage cleaner and foam cannon are on the list. Looking forward to car washing season. I went to the local Conoco for some premium non Ethanol gas to use in it. Upon reading the literature it seems Honda recommends 87 octane with no more than 10% ethanol.

Your correct use the gas you wanted. The 87 oct goes bad in the tank in storage. I use the 90 clear and have a carb fuel shut off and always close it and burn out the gas in the carb. Leaving no gas in carb while in storage. jz.

Originally Posted by whatnext
Looks good! Have a B&S powered 2000 psi / 2 gpm unit for 25 years. Just make sure you disconnect the sprayer and drain it after every use otherwise what water is trapped in it will freeze and crack the sprayer.

Put a quick disconnect on it, Amazon / Wallymart under $20. It solves the tangled stiff hose issue 🤦ðŸ»â€â™‚ï¸and lets you store it in a cold garage so you can use it in the winter. Just uncouple and tip the handles to the ground which drains the pump enough that it won't freeze break. I've got a Black Max from Sams Club probably 18 YO . So far it's gone through 1 gun handle , 2 hoses and a carb and 1 pump.

I bought a Devilbis Pressure washer 20 years ago it has a 13 HP engine but it looks the same. The last time I used it was 2016 and your post motivated me to service it. I drained the fuel bowl and it started after the third pull on 4 year old pump gas . I ran it until the engine and pump were "hot" then changed the engine oil with some Rotella 5w-40 and the pump with 80W-90 gear oil . Now have to find some thing to pressure wash and think about an oil change on the generator and spare lawn mower.

Originally Posted by CT8
Originally Posted by 007
Looks like a good choice. Too bad the GPM is only 2.5 as in my case I need more and that is what dictates much of the price. Simpson/Dewalt are good units!

https://factorypure.com/products/si...23rEqCSZoDg_eDwO8K90e-sgVwwaAmyaEALw_wcB

That is what have . It has paid for itself over the years.

The company selling the refurb Simpson stated that the Generac 9488 was just as good if not better and had a NEW warranty. In addition, with the Simpson purchase shipped to a residential address they want to hit me over the head with an $80 lift gate charge. Generac is free shipping all the way to my house. The Chinese made engine and probably the pump is whats got me on the fence vs. the Simpson! At least I have the choice of 2!!! LOL

Last edited:
Originally Posted by CT8
I bought a Devilbis Pressure washer 20 years ago it has a 13 HP engine but it looks the same. The last time I used it was 2016 and your post motivated me to service it. I drained the fuel bowl and it started after the third pull on 4 year old pump gas . I ran it until the engine and pump were "hot" then changed the engine oil with some Rotella 5w-40 and the pump with 80W-90 gear oil . Now have to find some thing to pressure wash and think about an oil change on the generator and spare lawn mower.

My Karcher pressure is older than that and works well like yours! They just don't make them like they used to! Wish my old work horse could service my needs but its just under powered. Someone is gonna get a nice unit when I sell it for lack of space!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back