Hard time selling my vehicle.....

This is not a for sale thread by any means, but I have a particular jeep that I have been having a very hard time selling and wondering why. Totally not related to COVID19 as that was not a topic all winter while struggling to sell.

Price Range on KBB:
$3694 - $5327

And I am on the lower side of this. I have it on facebook, Craigslist, and park it in high traffic areas with 4 sale signs. Trying to get anyone to keep their appointment to even look at it is impossible, and the people who do, will not make an offer, they just say, "no thanks".

Here is the list of Negatives, and heck I bought it....:
-The plastic fender flares and bumper covers at one point have all been repainted, and they are an excellent match and quality, but a trained eye can tell.
-The rear bumper cover has been feathered with body filler and painted. The filler has cracked off exposing the plastic underneath in an area about the size of a CD.
-The jeep logo on the hood is dented in from what seems like someone punching it trying to unstick it.
-Interior is not mint, it is "just good"
-150K Miles

Positives:
-Very clean chassis, no rust, which in my area is rare.
-New Heater Core (not sure if this helps or hurts)
-Fresh Inspections
-New brakes on all wheels
-Sliding panoramic roof that does not leak when driving it in the rain.

Any ideas, lowering the price did not have the intended effect I was hoping for. So i'm reluctant to sell below what I have into it. After all, i bought it as a fix and flip.

I don't know if I can list exactly what the vehicle is without getting the thread removed.

Originally Posted by Fordiesel69
I don't know if I can list exactly what the vehicle is without getting the thread removed.
Sure you can. Isn't that what the "Items For Sale" subforum is here for?

Do you have a listing we can look at? A lot of times the listing itself is the problem not the car or the price.

Originally Posted by glock19
Do you have a listing we can look at? A lot of times the listing itself is the problem not the car or the price.

This. If your ad doesn't even attract people to come look at it, there's something wrong with your ad.

If people are coming to look at it and not buying, then there's something wrong with the vehicle or it's price.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
How long have you had it for sale?

Given the current situation, are people actually buying cars at all?

I've never gotten anywhere close to blue book for any car I have tried selling even in good times,
pristine, low miles, no sale.
I actually was offered more at carmax than outright.

Folks around here just want $500 beaters.

I would take this as a lesson learned not to try to flip vehicles of that type and given recent events I don't see you selling it at all until people are back to work.

I know moving forward with current events its going to be tough, but Im shocked it took this long. Most in my areas are $5k+, and some within 200 miles are in the mid $4k ~.

Its a 10 year old Jeep with a good amount of miles.
Folks don't want to deal with potential maintenance issues.
I buy and sell these daily as part of my job.

Looks like a nice clean unit, but it is priced too high.
Evidence is that it hasn't sold yet.

I think people that want a "Jeep" want a Grand Cherokee or Wrangler. Not a Liberty.

The new heater core gets you nothing. Its not a maint item like brakes, tires or battery. They expect the heat to work.

What are other ones on CL selling for in your area?

I have found when the price gets to be the proper price it sells on Craigslist. May take a month or two but it sells.

Now the corona virus and high unemployment will probably wreck a lot of potential car sales.

The car manufacturers will be giving cars away soon. So many will buy new at super low prices.

Originally Posted by Donald
The car manufacturers will be giving cars away soon. So many will buy new at super low prices.

Yup, and at 0% interest.

Originally Posted by Fordiesel69
This is not a for sale thread by any means, but I have a particular jeep that I have been having a very hard time selling and wondering why. Totally not related to COVID19 as that was not a topic all winter while struggling to sell.

Price Range on KBB:
$3694 - $5327

And I am on the lower side of this. I have it on facebook, Craigslist, and park it in high traffic areas with 4 sale signs. Trying to get anyone to keep their appointment to even look at it is impossible, and the people who do, will not make an offer, they just say, "no thanks".

Here is the list of Negatives, and heck I bought it....:
-The plastic fender flares and bumper covers at one point have all been repainted, and they are an excellent match and quality, but a trained eye can tell.
-The rear bumper cover has been feathered with body filler and painted. The filler has cracked off exposing the plastic underneath in an area about the size of a CD.
-The jeep logo on the hood is dented in from what seems like someone punching it trying to unstick it.
-Interior is not mint, it is "just good"
-150K Miles

Positives:
-Very clean chassis, no rust, which in my area is rare.
-New Heater Core (not sure if this helps or hurts)
-Fresh Inspections
-New brakes on all wheels
-Sliding panoramic roof that does not leak when driving it in the rain.

Any ideas, lowering the price did not have the intended effect I was hoping for. So i'm reluctant to sell below what I have into it. After all, i bought it as a fix and flip.

How does flipping a vehicle work with sales tax? Do you never register it and have dealer plates?

As of tonight, they have closed down private plate transfers in Ontario, so no more private sales like these.

Licensing transactions are only open to dealers.

I thought you said you had a Jeep for sale.
lol.gif
Just kidding. My .02 is that it is priced too high. It's not the most desirable model of Jeep.

Unless I missed it, I don't see a price in the ad? I realize you've mentioned that ~$3700-5300 range here, but what are you willing to take for it?

That is a nice looking and very clean Liberty for being 10yrs old. Are you the original owner? Heck of a nice vehicle for $4500 IMO.

Originally Posted by JTK
Unless I missed it, I don't see a price in the ad? I realize you've mentioned that ~$3700-5300 range here, but what are you willing to take for it?

The ad says $3,900.

I've never used Craigslist to sell a vehicle because I don't want to deal with bums, cheats, frauds and tire kickers. I think a better way to go is to purchase a listing on Autotrader. It culls out some of the riff raff.

The rear bumper repair. If it was fixed on the cheap, lower the price to compensate for that. Also send a pm to Atkovi. He sells vehicles every week.

Back