motul gear 300 75w-90

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have two quarts of this at work that we ordered for someone but they didn't want it and for some reason now we can't sent it back... It's been sitting around for like 6 months. I'm sure I can get a good deal on it.

Is this a good product and would it work for the differentials on my 01 Suburban? I was going to just buy the cheap MasterPro 75w-90 or order acdelco 75w-90 on Amazon but if this is a good product and I get it for the right price why not?

Good oil, use it if you can get a good deal on it.
I was between Motul, Schaeffers and Delvac when were to do my first TX and diff oil changes, went with Schaeffers - great oil too, will be doing SuperTech from now on thou.

Gear 300 is one of the top-tier gear lubes. If your Suburban calls for 75W90 use it by all means. If you have a 2500 with an HD axle it may call for something heavier. If you can get it for less than $13-14/qt it's a steal.

From the 2001 Suburban owners manual. The Motul is perfect for the rear diff.

Suburban 2001 cover.PNG

Suburban 2001.PNG

When I researched gear oils for my previous 08 STI this was the best gear oil, at least on paper. It was $20/L though...

I have this gear oil in both of my current Subies, front and rear.

Originally Posted by Snagglefoot

Thanks, is 75w-90 fine for the front too or do I actually need to use 80w-90?

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by Snagglefoot

Thanks, is 75w-90 fine for the front too or do I actually need to use 80w-90?

I believe the 80w-90 requirement was just GM trying to cheapen things up with conventional Dino gear lube. This is because the front diff is not not engaged as much vs the rear. You can go with the synthetic 75w90 if you wish. The 3/4 tons in 2008 were getting synthetic 75w90 in both diffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back