snow in NY & stay-at-home

Status
Not open for further replies.
It snowed about 2" yesterday. Very heavy snow. We have two 4WD vehicles. With a stay-at-home order in effect what is the need to do any more than clean the front steps?

For me this falls into the 'Do The Right Thing' category.
Assuming you're talking about sidewalk shoveling, I'd treat it like any other time you get snow.
Staying sane in these cooped up times is as much about maintaining your daily routine as anything else.

Originally Posted by Imp4
Assuming you're talking about sidewalk shoveling, I'd treat it like any other time you get snow.
Staying sane in these cooped up times is as much about maintaining your daily routine as anything else.

I live in the country on a dirt road. Drive is 500' long. No sidewalks. All woods around my home.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
Right! And make sure everything is in order for emergency travel if needed.

We have all 4WD/AWD vehicles. We can get onto main roads with no issue.

NY capital district got 4-5 inches. Have a 6 car driveway to clear but a piece of cake with a snow blower that will handle 20 inches. Expecting to pickup a Walmart online grocery order today (first time trying the curbside pickup, placed the order a day ago). The roads were plowed overnite so no need to put my truck into 4WD.

We got about an inch of snow and freezing rain in the Hudson valley....didn't have to shovel but it was dangerous driving last night.
I called my income tax preparer to cancel my appointment for Friday due to 'social distancing'.....I was informed that Gov. Cuomo has not
extended the filing date and NY State tax returns are still due on 4/15....crazy....

Originally Posted by Donald

I live in the country on a dirt road. Drive is 500' long. No sidewalks. All woods around my home.

same here only difference is our road in and out is paved and maintained by the local township

IBTL
coffee2.gif

Got almost a foot. I plan to hit it with the ATV plow, do a bit of shoveling for exercise, then go back inside and back to work. At least for a bit, will likely make a Home Depot and grocery store run today.

Originally Posted by FT92

same here only difference is our road in and out is paved and maintained by the local township

I complain at the town board meetings what a lousily job the highway supervisor does with the mud on the town road when it first warms up. I am lucky to still have a mailbox.

Originally Posted by atikovi
It's March, what's so unusual about snow in NY?

Nothing I guess, but its past spring on the calendar, some flowers are up, and I have many projects outside to get going on. So tired of cold weather and snow.

Originally Posted by alarmguy
I'll never stay at home :eek:)

That is what a handful of Italians said also- some never made it back home.

Last edited:
With a stay-at-home order in effect what is the need to do any more than clean the front steps?

Make sure all the guns are cleaned, lubed, and magazines topped off. Then change the fuel filter in your Powerstroke to get away from your wife for a little.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by GON
Originally Posted by alarmguy
I'll never stay at home :eek:)

That is what a handful of Italians said also- some never made it back home.

This is why we have National Guard and most other nations with lock down / curfew / quarantine etc are carried out by the military.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back