Whats Supertech filter number for Honda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I looked in the catalog at walmart about a month ago, The 08' Odyssey takes a ST6607, which is weird because it recommends the 7317 sized fram and equivalents in every other filter. From what I've found the ST9688 used to be the size of A Fram 7317 but then they changed it to be shorter and larger around like the Fram 9688.

OP, Honda what?

I mean come on, are you kidding me. Honda makes lawnmowers, generators, motorcycles, cars, SUVs, and even a jet. A little more info on what Honda equipment and engine you are talking about would go a long way in getting you an answer.

Originally Posted by PD001
I can't remember ST9688 or ST6607?
There is a appliction boo and machine at the filter section.

Walmarts SuperTech ST6607 is made by Champ (Luber-finer). The ST6607 is equal to a Fram PH6607, Wix 51365 & Champ PH2876. The ST6607 is shorter than the Fram PH7317.

Last edited:
Should be a 7317, but Supertech does not come in that size anymore, so it recommends the shorter 6607.
The 9688 is the Hyundai filter, but will fit most Honda applications (similar size to 3593a).

Crap I hate that I know all these numbers off hand.

the 3593 will fit older Hondas, but not some of the newer ones since they have something surrounding the filter preventing a fatter an from being installed

But at Walmart, my choice would be the PH7317 orange can

Come on. Most all "Japanese" cars take the same filter design - except toyota.

So Subaru, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Honda, Mazda are the SAME with minor aspect ratio variations.

I would not run a E-Core champ - get a old fashioned store brand champ.

I Always look for the Nissan Titan or Armada V8 filter and run that - Gives you about 50% more media - but its still too small.

Last edited:
May I make an attempt at humor?

Ahem, if you are so cheap that you are willing to use a ST filter, does it really matter which one you use?

I love you guys....
spankme2.gif

Last edited:
Those 2 filter numbers you have posted are the same exact filters -- the ST6607 is a shorter version in length of filter. My Acura in signature used to call for the ST9688 but now -- ST6607. The ST9688 is 69 cents cheaper.

How am i a troll? Most Honda use the same filter except S2000 and Passport. Get off this thread then

Originally Posted by PD001
How am i a troll? Most Honda use the same filter except S2000 and Passport. Get off this thread then

Again ( see my post above) MOST all JAPANESE and Korean cars use the exact same filter - exception: toyota is the different one.

SO again, If it fits, get the size spec'd for a large V8 truck made by a good company and you should be good.

An oil filter is no place to "cheap out"

Originally Posted by chainblu
Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite

I would not run a E-Core champ

Is the ST6607 an e-core now??

Look down in the filter outlet hole to see ( the big, threaded one in the middle )

If you see a perforated metal tube you are good to go.

If you see a black plastic open cage

- put it back on the shelf!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by chainblu

I would not run a E-Core champ

Is the ST6607 an e-core now??

Look down in the filter outlet hole to see ( the big, threaded one in the middle )

If you see a perforated metal tube you are good to go.

If you see a black plastic open cage

- put it back on the shelf!

What's wrong with the plastic cage ones? I've heard good things about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back