Have you taken on any new projects lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many of us have extra time on their hands due to the recent current events. Has anyone taken on any special repair projects lately?

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
Many of us have extra time on their hands due to the recent current events. Has anyone taken on any special repair projects lately?

What sort of events are you referring to?

And no, I don't have time for that nonsense.
I have a job to keep so I can pay the bills.

Been retired for 20years and I hate to start a project I will have to finish.

Originally Posted by CT8
Been retired for 20years and I hate to start a project I will have to finish.

Please, you're going to live to 120!

I started a similar thread and have been reminded of more and more things to add to the list as I read. I just remembered that I want to tear down a gazebo on my property and make it into a fire pit area, instead.

Nope, nothing new for projects. Still practicing self quartine & social distancing. Just waiting for better weather so I can get out in the yard which is still soggy.

I want to bring out the summer lawn/patio furnature, rearrange the tool shed and put away the snow blower & winter tires and get the mower ready.

Only doing some puttering around the house, cooking, cleaning, laundry. Yup, I do it all.

We are not shutting down or slowing down. We will go balls out... (wide open) all the way through this deal. We supply power for 40 million Americans and will continue to do so come [censored] or high water.
I do hope the best for those that are at home right now.

I have quite few projects on hold, every winter seems to make my asthma worst and the garage is not heated.

It is probably time to move to warmer place since I no longer work and the garage is my 2nd home. I beenwatching lots of You Tube videos lately only
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Today I continued working on my wet bar that I began years ago but never got to finish. Mine will be an espresso bar since I don't drink much alcohol. I recently returned from southeast Florida so I have to stay home for another 13 days.

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

+1, plus I'm working out of town so everything must be done on Friday night to Sunday afternoon. Might replace part of my roof this summer.

Changed my (gas) water heater today … No Teflon tape … Just paste …

Originally Posted by gathermewool
I started a similar thread and have been reminded of more and more things to add to the list as I read. I just remembered that I want to tear down a gazebo on my property and make it into a fire pit area, instead.

Built the fire pit first and let that take care of the gazebo.

I had recently decided to replace all the shocks on my 1997 ford explorer that i bought 2 years ago.

it still had the originals so it was time.

wasn't the worst but the nuts on the top were rusted i had a hard time getting a socket to bite onto them. the fronts i just but the tops off with a saw zall.

anyways while i was changing the rear shocks, I saw that the right rear caliper was damp so I figured I had a leaking caliper, upon further inspection it was the axle seal.....great....

Now i have to drain the axle and pull the shafts to replace 10 dollar seals.

So I figured why not....I'm on my off days and won't have to work till next tuesday (i work in commercial transportation) so why not.

went to the local oreillys to get what I needed, gear oil and such as I didn't want to go anywhere else, just there and home, well they screwed up and looked up the wrong seal and had to order them, so i went back the next day and picked up the seals, the wrong ones, I should have looked at them out of the box because once I got home I realized they were too big, So i had to go back because I had it all ripped apart in my garage.

well then they only had one of them. so I went to Advance auto parts instead and got the national brand in the right size and got it all put back together that night.

I do have an old beater truck wood hauler that needs a clutch so i might tackle that when it warms up a little bit and i can get the garage cleared for the proper room.

I also have some wood sides to build for my deckover trailer

and some tie rod ends for my 4 wheelers.

might take awhile on parts for shipping because....well you know.

What projects? Today mayor of Denver said they are closing all non-essential businesses. You should see run on liquor and weed stores across the state. I am generally first one who will say 0-60 is not important measurement of vehicle performance, but today it was actually crucial
smile.gif
All projects were put on hold!
They clarified later that liquor and weed stores are essential business
smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by samven
Originally Posted by gathermewool

Built the fire pit first and let that take care of the gazebo.

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by Lolvoguy

current events would the mass of people not able to go to a workplace, due to a forbidden topic on this board. I also have a job but today is my last day at the office, wed. will be my first day working from home, very excited too.
I was actually curious to learn if anyone has some interesting automotive repairs going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back