STP maxlife oil filter media after about 4,000 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to cut the filter open because I have the pleasure of owning a car that takes cartridge lol. The media is twisted some but is much better than the filter that the dealer put on it. You can expect more uploads in the future from purolator one (up next), k&n performance silver, and wix xp. Thanks for looking!

20200323_173329.jpg

20200323_173334.jpg

20200323_173340.jpg

20200323_173352.jpg

The filter says it is rated for 15,000 miles. So it did replace it quite early considering. I'd just assume to change the filter everytime. Filters are not that expensive, just change the darn thing.

Originally Posted by Micahmcmeen
2008 mazda 5, 2.3L.

Same engine in that Fusion? Some Fusions had Mazda engines.

Originally Posted by jayjr1105
2008 mazda 5, 2.3L.

Same engine in that Fusion? Some Fusions had Mazda engines.

Should be, the Duratec 2.3L was used across several Mazda and Ford cars at that time, I think there might be some subtle differences between them and their might be some variance in ignition components between manufacturers, also some cars came with and oil filter mount for a spin-on and some came with a cartridge filter housing, I think I read about some people getting the mazda part that allows them to use a spinon XG3614/XG3600/XG8A instead of the cartridge filter housing that came on some models.

2008 mazda 5, 2.3L.

If you are doing 4K OCIs in that Mazda, that filter could easily do 8K.
Looking forward to seeing your other filter brands in action.

Originally Posted by CR94
It looks good-as-new, aside from the slight twist.

Yep .

Our Chevy Sonic uses a cartridge filter , also . Seems like it is a little darker at 5000 - 5500 miles on 5W-30 synthetic .

As has been said , no need to cut anything open .

Dad had a 1962 Chevy hot water 6 , when I was a kid . It had a cartridge filter in a large metal " can " . After he removed the filter , he had to use old rags to " mop " out the old oil , before installing the new filter . :-(

Originally Posted by pbm
What vehicle? My 2009 Fusion 2.3 takes a cartridge...all others take a can...

My 2007 Fusion takes the cartridge as well, and the only filter I have found that doesn't twist is the MC FL2017B filter. I tried M1, Fram and another way back then finally settled on the MC for the last 10 years or so. No twist so I just keep using them. You can order them from AZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back