Non-genuine parts. Friendly reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I'd pass this along.

When buying non-genuine parts it's sometimes useful to verify via component mfg # whether an updated part has been released. I came across this when searching for a gasket and inquired with the manufacture who responded that the revised gasket was made of Viton. Viton is a superior material for the high heat applications.

Needless to say I bought the Viton version and saved $$ on potential problems down the road.

Winning!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

When buying non-genuine parts it's sometimes useful to verify via component mfg # whether an updated part has been released. I came across this when searching for a gasket and inquired with the manufacture who responded that the revised gasket was made of Viton. Viton is a superior material for the high heat applications.

Needless to say I bought the Viton version and saved $$ on potential problems down the road.

Winning!

Did you find the updated part number in RealOEM of the part manufacturer's catalog?

Out of curiosity, is the Genuine part also updated to Viton, or was that an aftermarket only change?

Originally Posted by GJM120
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl

Winning!

Did you find the updated part number in RealOEM of the part manufacturer's catalog?

Manufacturers catalog.

Originally Posted by drtyler
Out of curiosity, is the Genuine part also updated to Viton, or was that an aftermarket only change?

I assumed the Genuine part has always been Viton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back