Discount Tire Centers : No Tire Rotations For 30 Days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooooo, why isn't DT just shutting the stores down? A customer inside the lobby is still a customer inside the lobby, regardless what the car is getting done to it.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by ChrisD46
I guess tire rotations just are not considered essential during this specific period ...

And any sensible person would agree with Discount Tire. No different than Walmart shutting down their tire/lube centers temporarily. Oil changes can wait, even weeks or a month or longer.

What do you think DT would do, if rotations were the money makers, and new tires sales didn't make any new revenue for them?

Would they still be just as noble?
crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted by dogememe
Originally Posted by Railrust
No ones going to have to worry about tire rotations in a couple weeks, the country will be quarantined and we'll all be doing a lot less driving. California yesterday, Massachusetts next week. Heck, I'm being told I can't mountain bike on the trails I usually go to (in the [censored] woods).

I hate on my job a lot but right now it's great I work at an auto parts store. Because we are an essential business and are staying open.

I wouldn't say it's been busy... Most of the time it's dead but it's definitely worth staying open. Selling lots of batteries for some reason!

Good luck! Hope this doesn't hit you too hard. My brother-in-law had to let go of 8 hourly employees at his dealership this week. Bugs me because they are staying open only with their flat rate techs...and when there's nothing they are not getting laid, yet have to be there.

That's crazy. No virus survives sunlight and fresh air. If everybody spent time outside it enjoying the French air, itwould Help squash this virus as well. There is a reason "flu season" exists when people are cooped up during the winter.

Originally Posted by Railrust
No ones going to have to worry about tire rotations in a couple weeks, the country will be quarantined and we'll all be doing a lot less driving. California yesterday, Massachusetts next week. Heck, I'm being told I can't mountain bike on the trails I usually go to (in the [censored] woods).

Tire rotations are free at Discount Tire (if you bought your tires there).
Originally Posted by Olas
its easy enough to do your own rotations, and save the money for more important things

Tire rotations are free at Discount Tire (if you bought your tires there)…..
Ime, rotations are free no matter where tires purchased. If balance is desired then that is an extra charge. I've had rotations no balance done on OE tires, no charge.

Originally Posted by gfh77665
Perfect plan for DT. Use the issue of the day to avoid performing time & labor services that don't quickly max the cash register...

They will be happy to sell you an expensive new tire, whether you need it or not, though!

I wonder if you'll survive this transgression by DT.

Originally Posted by hatt
Perfect plan for DT. Use the issue of the day to avoid performing time & labor services that don't quickly max the cash register...

They will be happy to sell you an expensive new tire, whether you need it or not, though!

I won't have to. I will never buy from DT again.
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by hatt

I won't have to. I will never buy from DT again.
thumbsup2.gif

Let me guess. You'll be complaining when Costco doesn't let you return 8 cases of toilet paper too.

I don't see a problem with it. Even if the store stays open for business they need to prioritize replacing tires, and doing flat repairs. Tire rotation is not that urgent a service. Maybe they are short-handed or expect to be during the next month. At least they have a plan in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back