MPT industries 75w90 sds gear oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased this gear oil MPT industries 75w90 for my 2000 Lexus LS 400 was 17.95 free shipping-two day priority mail without prime on Amazon. I emailed MPT industries on Saturday and requested Product Data and Safety Data Sheets for the product. Owner of the company M Trueba responded to email this morning and attached both sheets. Product data was similar to generic advertisement they had on website-but the safety data sheet was similar to previous sds they used to have on their website whereby they include approximate percentages of basestock oils. Need to figure out how to copy paste pdf but will at least copy the percentages listed in sds they sent me this morning.

Trade Secret Additives Non-Hazardous 15-22% Polyalphaolefin 68649-12-7 25-50%
Polyester Polyol Proprietary 21-55%
Ditridecyl Adipate, Diester 16958-92-2 08-21%
Zinc dialkyldithiophosphate 68649-42-3 0.5-1.0%

Website indicates they do not require a viscosity improver for blending this gear oil due to pure synthetic base stocks.
This company reminds me of Neo synthetics where I believe-blindly maybe-that they(Neo and MPT) really do use top of the line synthetic base stocks. MPT industries have informative safety data sheets-which needed to request- with regards to base stocks used-however both oil companies really need an actual marketing department.

I used the 5W30 30K MPT on my Can-Am's latest oil change. The engine runs much cooler as I documented in a previous thread. I wanted the low temperature pumpability and high add pack numbers this oil contains. Not really a candidate imo for my daily drivers with catalytic converters but great for my 4 wheeler and un-catalyzed engines. If those SDS numbers are right it looks to be approaching 50% ester content which is unheard of except for that Cummins/valvoline repair oil.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by sloinker
I used the 5W30 30K MPT on my Can-Am's latest oil change. The engine runs much cooler as I documented in a previous thread. I wanted the low temperature pumpability and high add pack numbers this oil contains. Not really a candidate imo for my daily drivers with catalytic converters but great for my 4 wheeler and un-catalyzed engines. If those SDS numbers are right it looks to be approaching 50% ester content which is unheard of except for that Cummins/valvoline repair oil.

Your "documentation" was your perception of how often the cooling fan came on, not by actually measuring oil temperature:

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/5362866/2008-can-am-rotax-650-on-my-atv

You took no actual temperature measurements nor did you really take into account the ambient temperature. And was the oil a different grade? If not then I really struggle to see how that makes any meaningful difference whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back