Rear upper control arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need to replace the one on my 05 Liberty. On the forums, there's a small but vocal set that says anything besides Mopar is junk. However, I'd like to get the opinion of folks there.

I have a used one with like 75k on it as a spare, it looks good. A new Mopar one is $500. Moog (RK series), AC Delco Professional and Mevotech are all around $100 on rockauto. Does anyone have experience with these?

Thanks!

I would be in the camp that aftermarket isn't leaps and bounds worse than OE. Our shop is a Napa autocare and have installed Mevotech (Napa) suspension parts for years with good luck. The new green boot ones are even better. I would assume the Delco is similar in quality to the blue boot Mevotech. The R Moog is the their more value line from what I understand and that'd be enough for me to stay away.

I've given up on Mevotech products. Goodyear refused to do an alignment on my vehicle as there was too much play in the ball joints. They were Mevotechs with 50k on them. I took the car home and jacked it up to verify. Sure enough, there was all kind of play in these worn out Mevotechs.

If it's not too difficult a job I would try the used spare. And consider that if you have to replace aftermarkets twice before an OE would go you're still $300 ahead.

Originally Posted by HoosierJeeper
Is the Mevotech (non Supreme) the same as Napa?

The junk napa proformer is the same as the non supreme mevo tech. The supreme (blue boot) is the same as Napa chassis part and green TTX is the same.
I'm assuming most the bad reviews are prior to them making it to Napa specs, Dana made these parts for Napa until 2016, or the low level parts. Not saying they don't occasionally fail but (the blue boot) aren't any different than Moog's top line IMO.

You've got the spare, might as well put it on as long as the BJ has no play. Among what remains, I wouldn't get the lower end Moog R series part, and there's no way I'd reward Mopar for marking theirs up to $500, by buying one. Mevotech vs ACDelco Pro, I'd go with ACDelco.

Last edited:
I believe that is the same part (same picture) as Mevotech Supreme for $116 at Rockauto.

Even has MS stamped on the bottom of it.

Last edited:
That's the same one, as brages noted they have the same stamping and everything. You don't have to pay for the name on the building either looking at Napa's price vs Rockauto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back