Grocery pickup at Walmart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just started using our little corner grocery store, 2 miles away. Obviously more expensive...but I think its a good thing to support these places.

They told us that they were not doing order substitutions now for OGP. If they don't have the item, they will just drop it from your order. This's was last week (Saturday).

Only issue with the service is that you can't expect meat, bread, fresh fruit and veggies like you would pick yourself off the shelf or things where expiration dates are a concern as they don't do that . For other stuff NO problems!

Walmart and HEB both do a real good job.

We used to do it while we were real busy, now we do it out of necessity due to this covid business.

HEB had no slots, so we took a slot for tomorrow at Walmart and got most of our items.

One thing that Walmart does, if you order a small ketchup for example, they will substitute for the larger size at no extra charge.

They have done this for laundry soap also.

Originally Posted by 007
Only issue with the service is that you can't expect meat, bread, fresh fruit and veggies like you would pick yourself off the shelf or things where expiration dates are a concern as they don't do that . For other stuff NO problems!

If you get something like bread that's close to expiration (pretty unlikely these days) then just freeze it and take out bread as needed.

I did the on-line order and pick-up at my local Fred Meyer today and it worked out great. There were some items not available, but that's OK because the stuff I really need came through. I even asked them to pick the greenest bananas they had, and they came through, so they do read any special instructions you give.

The milk was only available in 1 gallon size (usually only buy 1/2 gallon jugs), so I froze a couple of qt sized containers of the milk to make it last longer. Haven't tried freezing milk before, but on-line info says it works OK. Just put it in the refrigerator a day before you need it and let it thaw slowly. Will be interesting to see if I can tell if it's been frozen or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back