Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted by harry j
1993 Civic 575,000 miles

6,500 oil change miles

Amsoil 0W-30 SS and ea15k20 oil filter.

Please tell us that's it's the 3rd engine Harry. No one should be allowed to have an original engine for 575k.

Congrats for keeping that Honda alive so long. That engine may have seen Bill Clinton with Monica.

Last edited:
New member here.

2019 Genesis G80 3.8 NA

out: factory fill oil, they say it's 5W-30 Quaker State Full Synthetic, at 2,100 miles

in: Quaker State conventional 5W-30

Long story, but the manual specifies ACEA A5 oil, and my car came with 3 years of free oil changes from the dealership. However, the dealer will only put in conventional oil, not the full synthetic which ACEA A5 is. Torn between using the free changes every six months and using a full synthetic on my own dime. I don't drive much, maybe 4k miles in six months, and since this isn't a turbo, I think I'll be okay.

I had it changed at 2,100 miles because the car was built in Feb '19, making the oil a year old.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by DallasCMT
New member here.

2019 Genesis G80 3.8 NA

out: factory fill oil, they say it's 5W-30 Quaker State Full Synthetic, at 2,100 miles

in: Quaker State conventional 5W-30

Long story, but the manual specifies ACEA A5 oil, and my car came with 3 years of free oil changes from the dealership. However, the dealer will only put in conventional oil, not the full synthetic which ACEA A5 is. Torn between using the free changes every six months and using a full synthetic on my own dime. I don't drive much, maybe 4k miles in six months, and since this isn't a turbo, I think I'll be okay.

I had it changed at 2,100 miles because the car was built in Feb '19, making the oil a year old.

Can you convince them to put in what it's supposed to have and only pay for every second oil change? Then you could pay for every second. Seems kind of weird that the dealer would want to put the wrong oil in a brand new vehicle still under warranty.

DallasCMT
Your warranty expires on the date you took delivery. Not the date the engine was assembled. Heck, some dealers don't even include the window sticker, when your new vehicle has been prepped, cleaned and ready-to-roll. So many have no clue as to what date their engine and body was assembled.

If you can provide your local court-of-law with proof that the dealer did not use the engine-specified oil and more proof that you are entitled to x-amount of free oil changes, you can take the dealer to small claims court. Keep all of your receipts and make sure the receipt has all the necessary / correct information.

Since your vehicle holds a whopping eight quarts of oil, I would request a meeting with the dealership's top management or owner. Make him aware what someone like Uncle Ed's Oil Shop charges for an oil change with eight quarts of synthetic (times 3). Make management aware that when the three free oil changes timeline expires, you will take him to court for compensation you paid-out for the proper service that his dealership lacks under warranty.

OR...... you can get the conventional oil the dealer offers and just continue to use three free oil filters they provide and change your own oil with synthetic. In other words, remove eight quarts of conventional very early in the OCI and replace it with synthetic and leave the dealer oil filter on. Pennzoil Platinum meets your engine's requirements BTW and it's not expensive oil at Walmart.

Keep your Walmart oil purchase receipts and have the date, mileage......etc.... witnessed by a friend and notarized, for the courts to see.

This reply and the couple above, should-all be in a new thread. It does not belong inside this thread. So start a new thread and I'll copy & paste my info in that thread.

Last edited:
2008 Mercedes E320 OM642, 136,xxx miles.
Out: Castrol Euro Turbo Diesel 5W-30, 6.5k miles.
In: Pentosin HP II 5W-40.
Car starts and runs quieter on 0W-40 & 5W-40 than any 229.51 or 229.52 x-30 oil. Fuel economy doesn't seem to be
affected in commuting nor long highway runs. Doesn't consume any oil between changes with any oil.

2nd Post, followed the site for years though.

Last edited:
2014 Lincoln MKX
100,000 miles
5,000 OCI

Out: Motorcraft 5w20 6 quarts
Motorcraft 500fls

In: Mobil 1 5w30
Motorcraft 500fls

3C52900A-A2E6-4A60-BF3C-35838F2678B0.jpeg

2017 HSV Senator (Australian LSA car)

8000kms
Out - M1 EP, 5w-30
OEM filter (AC Delco PF48E)
In - Penrite GF-5 Enviro+ 5W-30
OEM filter

Only 700kms on the 'old' oil. But have to change at 9mths or 15000kms, whichever comes first. And this is a garage queen, so barely sees the road,

2008 Tundra 5.7 138k

Out : Valvoline quicklube bulk oil and filter

In : 5 qts RGT 5w20, 3 qts from leftover collection of 5w20s + OEM toyota filter

'13 Fit w/ 5 speed auto : Pennzoil Platium 0w-20 ( Dexos 1,Gen 2 ) w/ Fram Ultra 7317

'18 Hyunda Accent w/ 6 speed auto : Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20 ( Dexos 1,Gen2 ) w/ Hyundai oil filter

2012 Toyota Corolla, 1.8l

Out: Valvoline Maxlife 0W-20, Fram Ultra filter (94,088 miles)
In: Sunoco 0W-20, Genuine Toyota Filter (94,984 miles)

Changed after 2 months/900 miles due to cracked oil filter housing cap.

Originally Posted by ptkdude

Any idea how that happened?

03 Sable out: Valvoline FS 520, 500 miles.

IN: QS conventional. Reused Napa Gold filter.

-----
03 LeSabre out: Valvoline FS 530, Napa Gold. 300 miles

In: Pennzoil Platinum 10w30, TG filter.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by ptkdude

Any idea how that happened?

I own a 2012 Corolla with the same plastic housing cap, if they are over tightened they can crack. I bought a replacement for mine but never had to use it.

Back