Platinum 41516

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a year and half-two years ago l had my son put some boxes in my closet to store. They contained misc. items.
Saturday l was looking for my trucks title, which l thought was in my laptop storage bag. I started going thru the boxes and found a NAPA PLATINUM 41516 oil filter.
My question is, whom here thinks this filter is as good or better than an FL-400S? I could use this filter for my next OCI (AMSOL SIGNATHRE SERIES 5W30) or use the FRAM PH 3600 JLTD sent with the AMSOIL. Or, buy an FL-400S to use. Which filter would you use and for how many miles/months? I put about 7K miles on my truck per yesr.
Thank You!

Wild man....

I'd just roll with a Motorcraft FL 400s.... Those filters are always in great shape after use.... That is one of the best Motorcraft filters made. Roll with that my friend.

Originally Posted by bbhero
Wild man....

I'd just roll with a Motorcraft FL 400s.... Those filters are always in great shape after use.... That is one of the best Motorcraft filters made. Roll with that my friend.

Hey Mr. Hero!
Yeah, l really do like the FL-400S, because it has the base plate bypass. Dirty oil doesn't flow over the filter media when it goes into bypass, unlike the other 2 l mentioned.

Supposedly the platinum is lower in efficiency ratings, but seems to mirror OE filter ratings. If you have it and can use it, and it fits properly for that application, why not? Ive found the few I've bought to be good quality and construction.

Use at no cost, versus drive to a WM store, deal with that situation, and spend money. Unless date code is old on the Platinum seems an easy choice.
IMO the media on the Champ Amsoil type and the Platinum look too identical to be coincidence. I wouldn't be surprised if they are the same, regardless of Wix published numbers. From what people say they are iffy anyway. I still don't believe Wix knowingly puts a less able filter as their flagship filter.

I doubt the effort taken in the which is a better filter would make a difference.

Put them all in a bag, reach in and grab one. Use the one you grab.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by BlueOvalFitter
Originally Posted by CT8
I doubt the effort taken in the which is a better filter would make a difference.

Which filter would you use?

I have used all three. I can't tell the difference. Potentially the Wix should hold up better in extreme use but i will still say the filter will not make a difference.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Put them all in a bag, reach in and grab one. Use the one you grab.
grin2.gif

LMAO!
lol.gif

Should they be in there factory boxes?
21.gif

LoL, as long as you can't see 'em. Could also assign them as 1, 2 and 3 and pick a number out of hat.

Originally Posted by CT8

Which filter would you use?

The oldest date first.

About a year and half-two years ago l had my son put some boxes in my closet to store. They contained misc. items.
Saturday l was looking for my trucks title, which l thought was in my laptop storage bag. I started going thru the boxes and found a NAPA PLATINUM 41516 oil filter.
My question is, whom here thinks this filter is as good or better than an FL-400S? I could use this filter for my next OCI (AMSOL SIGNATHRE SERIES 5W30) or use the FRAM PH 3600 JLTD sent with the AMSOIL. Or, buy an FL-400S to use. Which filter would you use and for how many miles/months? I put about 7K miles on my truck per yesr.
Thank You!

I have used the MC FL910S and the MC 2017B cartridge for years now with great success all at 10K OCIs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back