Hello all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time listener, first time caller.
Well - long time lurker, and finally decided to join.

My name is Rob.
CNC Operstor, vintage motorcycle enthusiast, and former small engine mechanic.

I didn't see a 'welcome' or 'new members'area, so I decided to post here.

Last edited:
Welcome! Hope you like it here!

welcome2.gif

Welcome to BITOG and see you're living a stone-throw away from St Louie Mizzura. I'm a stone throw away from Day-Twa Meechigin.

In 1971, I drove a brother-in-law's mid-60s BSA Motorcycle around the block a couple times. Never got on another bike to this date. Had I stuck it-out back then, I'd probably been dead before the 1980s began.

Careless and Care-Free was me back then. Thought I was going to live forever. Then about 10-12 years ago, I made a 180 degree turn and now sometimes communicate with those that are living forever.....lol

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Welcome!

This has been under my porch for 20 years!

[Linked Image]

Ah! Very nice... looks like a Suzuki 500. Only thing I 'd be concerned with re the ravages of time are i) seals between cylinders + outboard of cylinders (rubber perishing), crank seal surface rust; and ii) cylinder surface rust. Not a lot of fun to have to split the crank to renew the inboard seal... and realign crank cheeks.

Nice! I hope you have the tank and seat. Otherwise, what Cdn17Sport6MT said.
I brought back an old Enfield and a Sportster that had been badly stored for 25 years. All of the seals and rubber bits had to be replace on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back