A modest proposal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had no idea airport racing and dirt track existed. The differences among the ovals are great; some way steeper than others.
Also, some seem real small.

Iroc ran at least one event on a road course at Cincinnati airport in 1990 I believe. The airstrips make great templates for road racing.

Did you catch the part about drag race qualifiers for one race?

Also, I've watched a stock car event on that little short track on the Daytona backstretch on YouTube. That's a deceptively brutal little course, especially for 3400-3500 pound stock cars.

Drag race determined qualifications were merely touched on. Just pointing out the proximity of the strip.

Split a weekend - share an audience? A ticket to both gets you a refund and concession stand voucher.

Don't make the ticket price to just one race too high

Yeah, that's a torture track! The cars looked out of scale.

Originally Posted by Red91
Did you catch the part about drag race qualifiers for one race?

Also, I've watched a stock car event on that little short track on the Daytona backstretch on YouTube. That's a deceptively brutal little course, especially for 3400-3500 pound stock cars.

I would love to see the NASCAR guys drag race each other for qualifying spots. Suspension and tire setup for drag racing is vastly different compared to what they usually run. The instant center, anti-squat, shock settings, etc... are all different. It would be a nice question of how versatile can you be? I'd buy tickets in a heartbeat.

This guy is also quite passionate about a return to north wilkesboro. Although it needs significant work done to host races again, its doable if enough money was put behind the effort. He's also proposed cup race at bowman gray stadium.

Statement from NASCAR

ETQ6-u9WAAIhx8g.jpeg

I'm not certain how their postponements of races due to virus concerns has anything to do with the video I posted? 🤷â€â™€ï¸ not trying to be a butt, just confused.

I think it is because some people feel that this is the best racing Nascar has ever produced and they won't hear of anyone bringing up that back in the 80's-90's the racing was far superior to what is presented today.

Originally Posted by Red91
I'm not certain how their postponements of races due to virus concerns has anything to do with the video I posted? 🤷â€â™€ï¸ not trying to be a butt, just confused.

The drag race qualification should also be used for the race start.

Qualification: Car is walked out to the track and placed at the starting line stopped. When the light goes green (or out) the car accelerates away and is timed for 2 laps.

Race start: Cars are walked out and placed in their grid slots stopped. When the light goes green (or out) all cars accelerate and the race is on for however many laps.

Originally Posted by Mitch Alsup
The drag race qualification should also be used for the race start.

Qualification: Car is walked out to the track and placed at the starting line stopped. When the light goes green (or out) the car accelerates away and is timed for 2 laps.

Race start: Cars are walked out and placed in their grid slots stopped. When the light goes green (or out) all cars accelerate and the race is on for however many laps.

So you mean a standing start like F1, DTM, Supercars, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back