Schaeffer's penetro 90 for gun lube/cleaner

IV been using Schaeffer's penetro 90 on all my guns for awhile now. It really seems to be one [censored] of a cleaner and lube for my ARs shotguns rifles and handguns with zero issues. I honestly think it's the best I've ever tried. The spray bottles I buy seem to last forever because less is needed to do a particular job. Wondering if any of you guys have found out the same thing?

Never heard of it but happy it's working for you. With the amount of gun lubes/cleaners I have and the rate I shoot, I have enough product to last the rest of my life.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Dragon44
IV been using Schaeffer's penetro 90 on all my guns for awhile now. It really seems to be one [censored] of a cleaner and lube for my ARs shotguns rifles and handguns with zero issues. I honestly think it's the best I've ever tried. The spray bottles I buy seem to last forever because less is needed to do a particular job. Wondering if any of you guys have found out the same thing?

Thanks for the review.
Does it wear a viscosity that stays / sticks? Or is it runny?
Does it eventually disappear and leave a dry film?
Does the film attract contaminants and coat things like slides and moving trigger parts?

Triple seven its more on the thinner side gets in all the tight spaces easily and does not gum up at all and does not attract dirt/dust like some do. It does very well on all moving parts guns seem to cycle better/smoother. It does leave a nice film on all internal parts that stays. A little goes a long ways and lasts for a very long time. Guns seem easier to clean after a long day at the range carbon just wipes off with very little scrubbing.

Royco is great however definitely attracts a little more dirt and carbon and doesn't clean as well in my experience. Still great stuff ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by bsmithwins
Can you get it in non-aresol?

BSW

Not that iv found I wish they did however I spray some in a needle nose applicator bottle and it works great for areas you don't want to spray.

Schaeffers distributes great motor oil..... super-premium quality. I believe they were a site sponsor when I arrived here. That's when Havoline and Trop-Artic were most popular here and stores were charging 99 cents per quart for those-2.

I've read that when teflon burns, it introduces an acid and it is not recommended for use anywhere near the barrel or bolt.
🤷â€â™‚ï¸

Originally Posted by BrianSchulze
I've read that when teflon burns, it introduces an acid and it is not recommended for use anywhere near the barrel or bolt.
🤷â€â™‚ï¸

Who said anything about Penetro containing teflon?

Back