Infinity 2.0L VC-Turbo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am considering an Infinity QX50, new, 2019 but noticed this is first year for their new motor. Has there been any problems reported with this motor?

"The 2019 QX50 is powered by Infiniti's new 2.0-liter VC-Turbo, the world's first production-ready variable compression ratio engine - one of the most advanced internal combustion engines ever created."

Consumers Reports says the engine doesn't provide the promised performance or fuel economy gains. Plus it requires premium fuel. There are better vehicles to choose from in terms of the powertrain.

Never buy a vehicle that requires premium, unless it is a sports car. Not worth the extra $0.50/gal.

Nissan stuff is bad enough, the first year of a completely new tech nobody else has ever tried? No thanks.

Thanks folks for feedback. Have ruled Infinity it out, if for no reason other than required use of Prem Gas. Same with Acura RDX with its 2.0 turbo which we loved the looks of. Did look at an interesting nearly new '10 Lexus UX200 with 2.0 (no turbo) that uses reg gas, but it might be too small. May have to settle for Maz CK-5 but it simply doesn't excite either my wife or I. Did see a "17 MB GLE 350 SUV that rang my chimes, but then find it has 3.5 V6 with 18/23 mpg on Prem Gas!

We're both Seniors and not in need of sporty vehicles, nor do we have deep pockets.

Nothing is going to get done anyway till the virus thing gets under control but its something we can ride out and look on Sunday's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back