RIP Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cujet
Oh no. I guess I'm at the age where all my favorite singers are going to be leaving us.

I had the exact same thought. We also are reminded of our age when we mention our favorites to our younger cohorts and they respond "who is that?".

RIP Mr. Rogers.

Lots of great props for KR, who was a great talent I enjoy to this day. However, he was far from a perfect person. He had almost no relationship with his sons when they were young.

Is there anyone that didn't like this man? All these stars dying make me question how long my time on earth will last.

"You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille, 4 hungry children and a crop in the field. I've had some bad times, lived through some sad times but this time the hurtin' won't heal. You picked a fine time to leave me Lucille". RIP, Kenny Rogers!

Last edited:
Kenny wrote songs for a host of star musicians / singers.

When I was in my 20s and hooked on Flower-Power / Psychedelic music of the late 60s / early 70s, I always wanted to spend a month away isolated at my aunt's cottage by the lake and attempt to compose lyrics and music for that era.

I never got around to it and have no idea if that was a calling I had ..... then let it pass without trying even it. To this day, my family swears my calling was going to college for Journalism / Sports Reporter and never got that done either.

Originally Posted by Char Baby
RIP Kenny. An American ICON!

Exactly right in my opinion ^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
When I was in my 20s and hooked on Flower-Power / Psychedelic music of the late 60s / early 70s, I always wanted to spend a month away isolated at my aunt's cottage by the lake and attempt to compose lyrics and music for that era

That would've been AWESOME to have a band back then!!

RIP Kenny. An American icon for sure.

Reminds me of another singer who had some very beautiful songs, and also transitioned to country later in his career, but was not nearly as successful in his music career as Kenny: Dan Seals, died 11 years ago at age 61. I suspect they were acquainted professionally.

Originally Posted by BearZDefect
RIP Kenny. An American icon for sure.

Reminds me of another singer who had some very beautiful songs, and also transitioned to country later in his career, but was not nearly as successful in his music career as Kenny: Dan Seals, died 11 years ago at age 61. I suspect they were acquainted professionally.

Dan Seals and John Colley were in a rock band together in the late 60s. They did an excellent lp and some even better non lp 45s.

https://www.soundohm.com/product/smell-of-incense-lp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back