What oil(EUROPE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am from Croatia, iam searching for quality synthetic oil for my diesel car.
Grade of the oil I am searching for is 5w40, spec-ACEA A3/B4, API SN/CF.
So far I have been using Selenia WR 5w40.
Now I am searching for something diffrent, lets say better oil.
I was looking at Shell helix ultra 5w40, Total quartz 9000 energy 5w40, Motul 8100 x-clean 5w40, 5W40 Valvoline Synpower, Mobil 5w40 super 3000.
What do you think is the best oil?
I want good detergents for cleaning sludge, and good lubrication of course. I am changing the oil every 8500-10000 kilometers.
Any advices?
Cheers all!

Last edited:
Might look for some ester content to keep the ring lands free from coke/deposits. Ravenol would be my choice. From your list Motul.

What car? Non dpf equiped Diesel....use HDEO...

Shell Rimula r6m...for one OÄi to clean sludge (HDEO has more detergent)....then continue with SHU 5w40...or Mobil1... Both mentioned above (actually all 3) are GTL based

Edit: Mobil1 3000 IS not...ESP it IS!

Hm, I did not hear for Ravenol, it is not common oil here..In fact I did not see that oil in stores in my region.

Last edited:
My 2c.
The Total is the cheapest. I'm running it and its not the best.
Mobil 3000 is very similar.
Our russian buddies have most of the oils VOA's here https://www.oil-club.ru/forum/forum/33-laboratornye-analizy-svezhie/

Go for Shell HX-8. Per above forum same as Ultra, just cheaper. GTL base (oil made from natural gas) is superior to the other oil's base.That and a good add pack with boron and moly, makes it the clear choice for me(others have just one or the other, bar maybe the Motul, which would be much more expensive).

Originally Posted by IvanPletex
Hm, I did not hear for Ravenol, it is not common oil here..In fact I did not see that oil in stores in my region.

Mail order here in the states. Eastern Europe isn't far from Germany if I remember my junior high geography. Remember that here in the states "not far" is less than 1000 miles.

It is Fiat Grande Punto 1.3 MjTD, i removed DPF from the car. EGR is not removed.

Get Cstrol Edge 0W30 C3. Forget everything else.
It is not thin, it is premier product for Castrol and you should be able to easily find it. It is PAO based oil.
It does not matter that you took DPF out, I personally would use that oil before anything else.

Selenia WR 5W-40 is a good oil, personally I would stick with it. If you must change, you can't go wrong with Shell. If memory serves me right, Selenia is also an OE supplier to Fiat.

Yes it is. But it is also expencive. Selenia WR 5W40 is approximately 9€ for 1 liter, and Shell helix UL 5w40 is 5.5€ per liter. I dont understand that price of Selenia. I dont think it is better than mentioned Shell.

Yes it is. But it is also expencive. Selenia WR 5W40 is approximately 9€ for 1 liter, and Shell helix UL 5w40 is 5.5€ per liter. I dont understand that price of Selenia. I dont think it is better than mentioned Shell.

Selenia was always expensive. I used WR 5W40 in Lancia Lybra 2.4JTD and it was by far the smoothest oil I used in that engine.
IDK whether they changed formulation since Petronas took over, probably they did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back