RIP Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP
frown.gif

Originally Posted by vw7674
Somewhere in the darkness, the Gambler, he broke even..........

+1

Originally Posted by atikovi
Are there any of his restaurants in the U.S. anymore?

From what I could find, no, but they are apparently very popular in several Asian countries.

Originally Posted by CT Rob
RIP
frown.gif

You can bet Kenny is at peace. He kept active in charitable groups / donations. He's now being rewarded for that and no demons will ever sit in his afterlife corner.

Kenny may have to do a few ounces of penance-time. But that place has a bright, white light, at the end of it's tunnel.

I never gave Kenny Rogers a thought beyond knowing a few his songs.

A good long interview on WNYC was part of his book tour. 2, possibly 3 Autumns ago (Christmas book sales)
He referred to "The Gambler" as the song musicians DON'T KNOW TO pray for because NOBODY can imagine a song that big or impactful.
He said crowds all over the world sang every word of that song all the way through. Fans claimed that his songs helped them learn English.

A quote I loved involved the TV series "The Gambler". Kenny said modestly and likely out of respectful deference to the actors working with him, "I don't know anything about acting but I am good at wearing what wardrobe tells me to and speaking like myself"

QUESTION: Didn't they (NBC?) make 2 "The Gambler" mini series? I thought they did.

He made good money as a youth in Texas. His story jumped right to Los Angeles if I remember correctly.

Famous musicians would stay in his grand house for a year at a time. There might be a famous band guy in his mansion revising his housing plans right now. Tough time to travel nameless sessions man.

"I Just Dropped in to See What Condition Your Condition Was in"....sorry to hear you died.

edit: As I recall from the interview, an Asian man contacted him to use his name on the chicken joints. KR's involvement was never more than that. I assume he went to one or more store openings. I forget in which region the restaurants still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back