Ford vs Chevy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by HyundaiAbuser
Extremely hot and cold on both manufacturers. Pre 07 silverado v f150, im going chevy. Ranger v s10, probably ranger. Sedans and crossover, not going american.

If have to agree other than mid to early 2000 Impala's and Buicks etc with the 3800 were and still are a good deal if you get one that's not rusted out.

Ford. Drove Ford trucks over the years and loved them all.

Whatever is cheapest. As wife says I'm a cheapskate. Owned Ford, Chevy, Oldsmobile, Buick, Pontiac, Chrysler, Toyota etc. Currently I am driving a Grand Caravan I bought 2 years ago for 19k with 3k so it was cheapest for miles.

Originally Posted by supton
Is it getting to be Friday already?

I'm just going to back away now, else everyone will pick on me for my choice!

Trolling.gif

Cmon sup! Let er rip
13.gif

The only Ford I'd EVER seriously consider is the Mustang- either Bullitt, GT PP2, GT350, or GT500.
Chevy? C8, Camaro SS 1LE or ZL1

I am a huge fan of both GM and Ford! I lean towards GM for older vehicles and Ford for newer vehicles.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by clinebarger

I'm looking for a 6.0L Ford Excursion, That way I'll own Chevrolet's, Ford, & Toyota's
crazy2.gif

Oh no not a 6.0
crackmeup2.gif

Better get your flame suit on.

Those are awesome trucks good luck on your search!

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
My car is cooler than your car. And sounds better too. 427, Hedman coated headers, 2.5" pipes, turbos and chrome tips.

GM all the way.
thumbsup2.gif

My Dads last 2 new ford trucks (2012 and a 2013 both with 6.7 Powerstrokes)had to be towed to the dealer with under 20k miles. The 2012 had 11k miles when it flat out quit due to a NOX sensor (best I can remember) in the tail pipe going bad. It displayed a "please pull over safely" message on the DIC and Immediately quit in the middle of the road without giving enough time to pull over, we're lucky that it happened on a back road and not on the interstate or trying to merge somewhere. Constant emissions issues and reduced power. The 2012 had the rear pinion seal replaced 3 times in the 20k miles we kept it for. Traded it for the 2013 and had a lot of trouble with it as well, it was kept for 80k miles and was a headache the entire time we owned it, it would have reduced power constantly... take it in and they'd tell us it had a vacuum leak and that they had it fixed. The issues would resume before we could make the 30 mile drive home from the dealership. The 13 also developed a bad oil leak at the turbo, I believe they replaced the turbo under warranty. The 2015 and up Fords use a different turbo and are supposed to be more reliable, but I have no experience with the newer 6.7 Powerstrokes.

We finally got fed up with the constant run around at the Ford dealer and he traded it for a 2016 LML Duramax. Over 3 years later and 52k miles (3,700 engine hours) we haven't had any issues with it other than a couple of recalls. He says it's his favorite truck he's ever had.

In December of 2018 I bought a 2017 L5P Duramax and it has been trouble free as well. 21k miles and about 1,000 engine hours on it so far. I bought it with 10k miles.

I hear that the new Powerstrokes with the 10 speeds are pretty good trucks but I'm not real hot on Ford after the last 2 Ford trucks we had. Bottom line, if either of us were in the market for a new truck I think we'd both look at GM first. I test drove a Dodge before I bought my Duramax... I wanted to like it but just didn't. My Dad had an 03 Dodge 2500 with the Cummins (bought new), it was powerful but did not hold up well. The newer Dodges are are said to be better in the reliability department.

All of our trucks have been emissions compliant and I think that was the majority of the problem with the Ford trucks, they do in cylinder regens instead of the 9th injector setup like GM and Dodge are using. Mattd on here can give some insight on the Powerstrokes, he works on them all the time.

FORD !!!!!!! X 1 million !!!!!!

Last great family owned business in America !!🇺🇸🇺🇸

Who cares....Buy what makes you happy/fills your needs!

I'm looking for a 6.0L Ford Excursion, That way I'll own Chevrolet's, Ford, & Toyota's
crazy2.gif

Hahaha !!

Proud for ya my friend
Welcome to the club soon !! ðŸ‘

Originally Posted by mattd

crazy2.gif

Oh no not a 6.0
crackmeup2.gif

Better get your flame suit on.

Those are awesome trucks good luck on your search!

I know where a 2007 SRW F350 4x4 is for cheap (Been rolled) with @ 40,000 miles, So I could buy a '03/'04 Excursion & do most the updates using the '07 along with studs, remote oil cooler & EGR delete.
The '07 has been sitting for 10 years in storage though....

I think the Coil Spring/Trailing Arm front suspension swap would be cool using the '07 Super Duty front frame section & leafs/rear differential. Top it off with some King Ranch alloys

In a world where he'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy and he thinks FORD stands for found on road dead. An amazing challenge has begun. This fall, from the creators of Ford v Ferrari comes the automotive film of the millennum. Ford v Chevy, be there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back