Help me identify what PVC conduit connector I need

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishdude

$100 Site Donor 2023
Baby lizards keeps getting into my irrigation timer through this 1 1/4" threaded connector at the bottom of the timer. I've looked online but don't see any connectors that are a threaded cap or have a plastic pull through bushing to seal it off.

Any ideas what I can use to keep these little guys out?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

lol, you could use just about anything to seal that off. How about a plastic container lid with a slit and a hole cut in the middle for the wire, if you want uber cheap 'cuz it's something you already have lying around?

You could use a fitting like some suggested, or use spray foam, or clay, or a piece of cardboard coated with epoxy or caulking, or a piece cut out of plastic or wood, etc... Wood, isn't waterproof, but it's going to keep water out every bit as well as the big open hole did.

Then again, a proper well finished looking plug is only $4 or less, so might as well show those lizards that you mean business.

Last edited:
Or buy pure copper "scouring" pads. They come without soap on them. Mice and other rodents will not chew through copper and I am sure if it is put in that hole, lizards will not get through. I use it at the bottom of the corner pieces of my house siding to keep mice from getting up inside the siding and into the house. Works like a charm!

You could buy a pipe nipple and cap. Drill a hole close to the size of the cable in the cap, then push the cable thru. Besides keeping the critters out, it will be water/ dirt proof.,,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back