Mobil 1 vs Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I would chose Mobil1 over Amsoil OE based on price alone without seeing this vid. I have no clue how this vid that shows pourability at room temperature and then the awful 1-arm-bandit test has anything to do with modern oil performance in a modern engine. Zero. Zilch. Please show me the error in my thinking

09.gif

Anything in that video isn't showing you anything even closely relevant to what happens in your engine, so you can't glean anything about how Mobil 1 "performs" from that video relative to anything.

Originally Posted by Geauxtiger
Yeah, I would chose Mobil1 over Amsoil OE based on price alone without seeing this vid. I have no clue how this vid that shows pourability at room temperature and then the awful 1-arm-bandit test has anything to do with modern oil performance in a modern engine. Zero. Zilch. Please show me the error in my thinking

Amsoil only won by a slight margin on the bearing test, very minimal difference..

Originally Posted by wolf_06
Originally Posted by Geauxtiger

Amsoil only won by a slight margin on the bearing test, very minimal difference..

Didn't mean to sound like a jerk. But in all honesty, these tests are akin to crowning the world's top athlete to the one who can speed read the quickest. These tests have nothing to do with oil performance, no matter who the 'winner' may be.

So it's a guy who decided to copy PF, but much less entertaining? Eh. It is interesting that Amsoil made it to their "finals" in both videos.

This is an apples to oranges. Comparing Amsoils cheapest oil to Mobil1 mid level product.
For a fair comparison you would need to compare as follows:
Amsoil OE vs Mobil Super
Amsoil XL vs standard Mobil1
Amsoil Signature vs Mobil1 Anual Protection

Originally Posted by cronk
This is an apples to oranges. Comparing Amsoils cheapest oil to Mobil1 mid level product.
Amsoil OE vs Mobil Super

Mobil-1 EP is crying, lonely in the corner, under a chair.
27.gif
No Amsoil Delilah to dance with.

I think M1 AP is still %30 +/- cheaper than SS.

Amsoil OE vs Mobil Super

Amsoil OE vs Mobil Super

IDK...I've never been able to get Amsoil Signature for $2 a quart....or Amsoil OE for $3.xx for a 5 quart jug on 'CLEARANCE' at AZ.......J/K... but I seriously doubt my engine would last any longer using one over the other..

This is not an apples to oranges test. This is yet another example of an idiot on the Internet who knows nothing about testing anything. No oil in that bearing test has a result that is statistically different then any other oil.

Originally Posted by wolf_06
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVs4ClAHSEo

Very interesting to see how Mobil 1 performs compared to Amsoil which is way more expensive.

I always loved Mobil 1, might go with Mobil for my next oil change on my mazda.

Sly

Amsoil OE is not "Amsoil." Amsoil OE uses the cheapest Group III base stocks, unlike the expensive-PAO-and-POE-based Amsoil Signature Series and some other Amsoil products.

It's the same story with Red Line Professional-Series not being "Red Line."

Originally Posted by Gokhan
Amsoil OE is not "Amsoil." Amsoil OE uses....

It's 100% Amsoil. They formulated it, they put their name on it, they sell it.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by Gokhan
Amsoil OE is not "Amsoil." Amsoil OE uses....
It's 100% Amsoil. They formulated it, they put their name on it, they sell it.

I didn't say it wasn't Amsoil. I said it wasn't "Amsoil."

When people on BITOG talk about "Amsoil" or "Red Line," they refer to a specific PAO-and-POE-based product, not the company name.

This type of topics only relevance is how long it takes an argument to start.

As noted by most a pointless, derivative time waster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back